cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quitting PM

Al1231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With the new rewards program, my bill will jump by 54%.  If I quit PM in the middle of a billing cycle, do I get a partial refund?  Do I have to tell PM I'm quitting or does the new carrier take care of that?

6 REPLIES 6

Chiranjiv

No such refunds from PM. (prepaid)  You move, you lose. New carrier=possible

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ZylAL It's best to do it at least a few days before to avoid any potential issues. Once you get charged there are generally no refunds.

ZylAL

So when are you supposed to port out your number at PM?  Exactly on the plan renewal date so the new cycle won't kick in?  What if it's already kicked in by the time that I ported my number out?  Do I get charged for the new cycle that I am not going to use?  

Thanks 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Al1231 , if you port your phone out to another service provider your Public Mobile account will automatically close.

Disable your autopay subscription to avoid any surprise charges in the meantime if you port out to close to renewal.

Personally I would submit a support ticket & ask to have your payment card removed from your account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Al1231 

Sorry, no refund on unused days on prepaid plans in Canada. If you are on the higher postpaid plan from other carriers…it will be prorated.

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nope, no refund since it is pre-paid. Wait until a few days until your plan is set to renew as you still need to have an active account to port out. (You need to be able to receive text messages to accept to port out and stuff like that)

Need Help? Let's chat.