cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for loss of Rewards Program?

unicornwasp81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is any compensation being offered for customers who have been forced off of the old Rewards program besides the temporary data bonus? I save roughly $100 a year on my phone line with the old system, and am pretty upset to be losing such an amazing deal. The rewards program is what made Public Mobile stand out from the competition, and without it I am hard pressed to understand why I should stay. I have been with PM since 2019, and this change feels like poor repayment for my loyalty.

Thanks for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

AcharnD

My historic friend referrals do not seem to have transferred with the new plan I was forced to accept. So my previous credit is gone. The is very disappointing!

ZylAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The least they could do is to remove the expiration date on that 250 gb of data so people can have a chance to use it if they really want to have it as a "compensation". 

ZylAL

Not equal to the current amount of discount that I am getting is an understatement.  It is nowhere near the amount of discount that I am getting.  Because I have been with Public Mobile for quite some time now so I currently get $1 for each year that I have been with Public Mobile which will be reduced to just 10 points every 12 months and the additional years that I have been with Public Mobile is not going to be rewarded under the new Points system.  I currently get discount for referral and autopayment which is again no longer rewarded under the Points system.  So the new Points system is a LOT worse than the current $-based system as it only rewards you once you accumulated a certain amount of points instead of in a fixed interval of each month    Overall it shifts away from rewarding customer loyalty to $ spent with Public Mobile as it's now based on your subscription plan amount.  They want new customers who are big spenders.  That's what they designed the new reward system to attract.  So for me, since they don't care much about my loyalty enough to reward me then I will shop around.   

Sleven

Same. I only use half the data I currently get per month and have additional data saved up. I will use ZERO of that 240GB. 
Time to go shopping again.

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately not. However keep in mind that you will be getting 5% back in points with the new system. While that will not equal the discount you were getting before, may make it cheaper than other companies. Do you have any friend referrals? They are worth 1 point (1$) per month. And the 10 pointer for ever year you stay with PM works out to be $0.83 per month.

So when you work it out if you are on the $15 plan you save $1.58 per month not including any referrals. Even though you have to wait until you accumulate to 15 before you can cash in. If you are not a more expensive plan you will save more. 

For me when I factor in friend referrals, PM is still the best price for the plan I am getting. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @unicornwasp81 

good thought, but the Loyalty bonus data is already the compensation.  It is not great it is just 150 days, but that is all they offered

should you stay? depends if you get better deals.  If you have lots of friend referrals, you should still stay, this is still the better place with referrals 

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A welcome present of 5 points (worth the equivalent of $5 off one bill when you accumulate 15 points for redemption). Yes, you read that correctly.

ZylAL

This downgrade of rewards is appalling.  And the bonus data is rather meaningless.  They really should've made it permanent.  What's the purpose of offering data for just 150 days?  That is not a compensation at all.  I am losing a several dollar discount off the subsription price and some bonus data for just 150 days is nothing comparing to what I am losing.  The points reward system that I am being forced to adopt is almost rewarding nothing.  It's the same as signing up with a phone plan with no rewards.  I am shopping elsewhere.    

@unicornwasp81 wrote:

I was just wondering if there is any compensation being offered for customers who have been forced off of the old Rewards program besides the temporary data bonus? I save roughly $100 a year on my phone line with the old system, and am pretty upset to be losing such an amazing deal. The rewards program is what made Public Mobile stand out from the competition, and without it I am hard pressed to understand why I should stay. I have been with PM since 2019, and this change feels like poor repayment for my loyalty.

Public Mobile has not announced anything other than some bonus data.  I would not expect anything else.   While no customers like this change, the decision has been made.

Need Help? Let's chat.