cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points rewards.

TheGuy74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for Public Mobile probably a decade ago, and was told my earned rewards would continue as long as I was a subscriber.

Now, you've forced me to your much more lucrative (for you) Public Points program, which I didn't want, and an $11/month old rewards discount has been reduced to a $5.25/month Points reward.

You claim the Points program provides greater flexibility, and maximizes value for customers, etc.

My earned rewards discount has dropped to less than half what I used to get, and what I was promised would continue for as long as I subscribed.

The old program was automatic, and provided me with significantly better discounts than Public Points.

That means your claims that Public Points maximizes value are false, and the "greater flexibility" basically means there's the possibility that I'll forget to redeem points before they expire, and then it will cost me even more.

Your AI chatbot merely repeats these false claims, whenever a complaint about the extra customer cost of Public Points is put to it.

This is not an acceptable way to treat your customers.

7 REPLIES 7

TheGuy74

On top of that, I have two different emails that say that joining the points program is optional for existing customers.

That statement is in large bold text in both emails, and the second one includes the phrase "We want to emphasize."

That is a promise made twice, in writing, which has been broken.

TheGuy74

People are getting places with their complaints.

I've read news articles that state the CCTS is not dismissing them, and are requiring PM to explain themselves, which they're not doing to the satisfaction of CCTS.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-Rewards/m-p/1183620

This thread contains a post by Promise Broken, which quotes their reply from CCTS, stating that "contract disputes or changes.....and removal of promotional discounts" are not considered to be "pricing of products or services" which would fall outside of CCTS' scope.

I think a well worded complaint has a good chance of success.

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

But it must be somewhere. In the fine fine print that no one ever reads. Bottom of the page, or some ones that you have to click a link and have a pdf with like 20 pages of term and conditions.

I don't think people are getting very far with their CCTS complaints. Because it is not a change in price, it is a change in rewards. Yes that is leading to a price increase for many, but they are not actually changing the price. The price has remained the same. I think people are filing a "change in price" complaint and that is why they are not immediately dismissed.

TheGuy74

@turtleTurtle There's a good chance that wording isn't in their fine print, because CCTS would pretty much immediately dismiss complaints about this change, if it were there.

They aren't dismissing them, and PM's attempts to get them dismissed are generally disallowed.

You need to complain to the provider prior to a CCTS complaint, though, which is why this forum is full of similar posts to this one.  It's pretty much a checklist item that CCTS needs to have done, even if it does nothing at the time.

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately this is the decision they have made.

Also I am sure somewhere in the fine print it says "we reserve the right to change or modify the rewards program" or something like that.

RAZOR_MARK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In fact referal bouns is not affected, the problem is loyalty bonus almost disappeared, so I think maybe public mobile doesn't need our loyalty any more

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many people have filed CCTS complaints and are in process. I'd recommend you do the same. Look through this thread (over 5000 comments).

Everyone on the old rewards program will be paying more, far more. 

Need Help? Let's chat.