cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Why Did You Choose Public Mobile?

They sure are!

Likely, because they don’t know about PM. I know I didn’t until about a week ago, haha.

These bargain bin carriers don’t advertise as much as the big 3 but that’s because the lack of advertising ($$$) means more savings passed down to us, the consumers. So we just have to do our part and spread the word aka use our referral code with everyone we know ; )

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why wouldn’t you tho for these deals 🙂

Highlighted

Can’t beat that eh 

love PM 🙂

Highlighted

Tough to beat. Eh 

Highlighted

I can't remember how I came across it... it might have been a Google search. 

I knew I wanted something different ... c'est la vie. So when I found Public and saw their plans were a really good price for what you get, I was sold 🙂 Then I found out about the community here and rewards and things, which are just icing on the cake! 

Highlighted

I was a fiercely loyal Koodo customer and I had a great plan - 10gb/month for $45.

As good as the plan was, I often needed more data and there was no plans that offered more data. My phone was my only connection to the internet at this point. When I finally got wifi I realized I could save a lot of money by switching to public mobile's $15 plan. It was a great move and the Telus network is the best in Canada IMO. My wife and I now both have PM plans and wifi and we pay less than when we both had $45 plans with Koodo. AND public gets cheaper every year we stay!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@scelford wrote:

I was a fiercely loyal Koodo customer and I had a great plan - 10gb/month for $45.

As good as the plan was, I often needed more data and there was no plans that offered more data. My phone was my only connection to the internet at this point. When I finally got wifi I realized I could save a lot of money by switching to public mobile's $15 plan.

Data across Wifi is cheaper and it's faster than data across cellular.

It's the right choice if you usually do your data within range of fixed WiFi (at home, work, school, public hotspot, whatever).

But it's not the right choice if you need mobile data which is actually mobile. Communications at the local park. Map lookups while driving. Browser pricechecks while shopping, etc.

(Hope you signed your wife's account up as a referral and have AutoPay on both, just to skim a few more dollars off your monthly costs.)

Highlighted

But of course! My plan is now $1 cheaper for signing my wife up. She was briefly on a 20gb endless data plan with Telus which was great but the throttle speeds were too slow once we reached the 20gb limit, and you lost the ability to hot spot. We found a discount ISP that is giving us unlimited data for $35/month. I am on the $15 plan and she is on the $30/2gb plan with PM and it is working quite well for us right now.

Highlighted

Joining PM years ago was the best thing I ever did. I use to be with Virgin/Bell and hated it. 

I give top star ratings to PM and all of the employees too.

Highlighted
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

My previous provider added an unexpected charge of $3./month just after I upgraded my plan to $35/month, unlimited calling across Canada, unlimited texts.  But,  I didn’t have any data.  So, I was ticked off and started researching other service providers.  I read all the reviews for PM, and decided to switch.  I got in on the $30 plan with 2GB data, and am a very happy camper!  I am now recommending PM to all my friends, and so far, one friend has joined.  Thank you PM

Need Help? Let's chat.