cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Hydrogen

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Phones made by the Red brand. Makers of very high-grade and extremely high-priced photographic/cinematic gear.

(My only exposure to this company was repairing a "Red Rocket X" JPEG2000 accelerator card; excellent hardware performance spec, average hardware build quality, ridiculously expensive, unusually paranoid and counterproductive software/license/DRM mechanisms.)

First there was (or wasn't) the Red Hydrogen One.

Some prototypes and market samples floated around, briefly, but none of the reviewers could actually operate these phones or say much about them.

Now there is (or will be) the Red Hydrogen Two.

Apparently all the same specs but sourced from a different ODM (Foxconn) and implementing slightly better camera hardware.

Red Hydrogen promises impressive specs and pricetag, even surpassing flagship Galaxy and iPhone devices. One of the grand selling points is a "4V holography" which supposedly produces stereoscopic 3D depth or something (reviewers have been vague). I'd normally slate this sort of device as vaporware but Red has big money looking for big market, it's not some random little kickstart, so I think this device will indeed (eventually) deliver to market as promised.

Anyone else interested in these phones?

1 REPLY 1

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth that sounds so interesting!! That will be cool, picture the photos you can take on holiday and how realistic! That would be neat playing games on your phone too! It would be cool if it would work during video calling or video messaging. 

Need Help? Let's chat.