cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky Mobile Offer

lucket1030
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Looking for some advice, I recieved an offer from Lucky Mobile for $40 8GBs of data and then unlimited after that. Wondering if I should bother with trying to get Public Mobile to match it, or if that is even something they will do for us? Hoping you guys have some advice for me? It's been a hell trying to find out how to submit something to this discussion board.

7 REPLIES 7

lucket1030

@Korth wrote:

@lucket1030

I'd advise taking the Lucky plan now, it does look like a good deal.

But check Public Mobile plans and announcements every week or so, they will eventually offer a promo which is better for you than this Lucky plan (and their best promos are typically for new customers only). Easy to number port in from prepaid Lucky.

But do yourself a favour and buy a PM SIM card now - so you're ready to catch the promo you're waiting for - because retail vendors often run out of stock and online vendors often can't deliver to you before a short offer expires.

At best, you avoid losing out on the deal (or having to drive around for hours between retailers) because they're out of stock.

At worst, you spend $10 on the SIM card and they give you a free $0 SIM card on activation, even if you get stuck with a spare it will pay for itself ($10+) if you give it away to a Referral.

(Incidentally, I've seen Lucky SIMs for $4 at Dollarama stores. If you're buying one anyways then might as well save a few bucks.)

Thank you! I will take this into account, thanks for letting me know about all the deals 🙂

lucket1030

Thank you!

lucket1030

Thank you for this!

@lucket1030

I'd advise taking the Lucky plan now, it does look like a good deal.

But check Public Mobile plans and announcements every week or so, they will eventually offer a promo which is better for you than this Lucky plan (and their best promos are typically for new customers only). Easy to number port in from prepaid Lucky.

But do yourself a favour and buy a PM SIM card now - so you're ready to catch the promo you're waiting for - because retail vendors often run out of stock and online vendors often can't deliver to you before a short offer expires.

At best, you avoid losing out on the deal (or having to drive around for hours between retailers) because they're out of stock.

At worst, you spend $10 on the SIM card and they give you a free $0 SIM card on activation, even if you get stuck with a spare it will pay for itself ($10+) if you give it away to a Referral.

(Incidentally, I've seen Lucky SIMs for $4 at Dollarama stores. If you're buying one anyways then might as well save a few bucks.)

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@luckett1030
Last August PM had a promotion for 8 GBs for $45/mo. It was only a 2 week promo b/c I just joined up and a week later it came up. You would have to see what they're offering now on your account page.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lucket1030 , Public Mobile does not do price matching.  There is nobody to call for a price match.  However, they do provide promos from time to time that are a replication of the competition else know as competitive response.  

Need Help? Let's chat.