cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop harassing phone calls?

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My wife has received calls over the years from an unknown number. These pretty much had stopped, until today. Anyway to track down who is making these calls and getting them to stop?

4 REPLIES 4

The incoming numbers aren't reported in Self-Serve usage history?

Some phones display the actual number while ringing, but only "unknown" or "private" or "blocked" afterwards. It depends on your phone software - if it's a "feature" you must have then your choices of device brand/model, operating system, and apps become limited. And you'll only have seconds to memorize or write down the incoming number before it's erased from your phone display (and user-visible records) anyhow.

You can't use caller ID services like CallTrap in Canada. CRTC prohibits them.

You have the option of changing your number through Self-Serve, once per month if you like, at no cost.

You can send a private message to @CS_Agent and request a "call trap" service. In Canada they're legally required to do so upon request. But they're not required to reveal the number itself if they choose (or have been instructed) not to. Basically if the harassment is from an individual then they'll assist you, if it's from a business (government office, registered collection agency, etc) then they might not unless you escalate into court.

@Carniam 

Here are the options to contact a moderator if you need their assistance to track down the number.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Appreciate it but not that I know of. *69 doesn’t work as typically you have to pay for it.

mods may be able to track, though doubt it. I’ll reach it to see.

Last one seems to just block all private calls, or charges a fee. Don’t want to pay any they’re usually infrequent, and can’t block private numbers as my phone is set to private, not to mention all doctors offices right now.

thanks 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.