Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Setup SMS Services on Windows 10

RoXx0rBoT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Firstly, install your WWAN card/dongle

Install the appropriate drivers

Make sure your APN is correct, DuckDuckGo is your friend

And finally, to SMS, download this -> http://support.black-it.eu/en/products/mobile%20broadband%20sms%20toolkit/index.htm

Biiiiit of an unknown site, unknown software, however it works just great for me!

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

(Ugh, the lack of quote button sure is annoying!)

@will13am I hear ya!  I use a combination of MS Teams and Slack for work IM, and a cocktail of WhatsApp, Skype (consumer, not Skype for Business), Facbeook Messenger, and good old fashioned texting for personal IM. It's a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RoXx0rBoT

I also confirmed that an eSIM, or whatever tech I have in here, is supported by PM!

This seriously took so much searching and scouring the web to find.
Looked for 2 days for an SMS app that didn't,

A) Have to use my phone

B) Didn't require 4G

C) Had a modern interface

D) Wasn't Softpedia's version of the same software

RoXx0rBoT

aha yeah, there /are/ other options, just not for me at the moment. My phone broke. Duh doi

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Whatsapp web, messages for web, slack, discord, skype web, hangouts...  

popping

I use Google Messages app too on my phone and use Google Messages for web with any browser on my Windows 10.  It will going through my phone to send and receive your SMS/MMS.

srlawren

@will13am agreed.  https://messages.google.com/web for the win!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RoXx0rBoT , I simply use messages for android on my windows PC.  It directly syncs with the messages app on my phone.  There is nothing to download, 100% safe.  

Need Help? Let's chat.