cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gahh... It's finnaly happening, Windows 11......

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We've all been waiting for the codename "Sun Valley" update to come to Windows. It's supposed to bring a brand new UI, better visuals, performance enhancements, and more. Well, the update may not make its way to windows 10 but instead a whole new operating system named Windows 11. 

After all these years, We may finally be getting Windows 11, the operating system that was confirmed to never exist...

There have been many leaks and hints from Microsoft lately about it on Twitter. Even a few internal leaks and screenshots of the build... 

The Verge explains all the hints in this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/3/22466394/microsoft-windows-11-la...

The event is supposed to take place at the end of this month.. We'll see what It brings. 

So, What are your guy's thoughts on "The next generation of Windows" ?

31 REPLIES 31

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Honestly I don't really care what they name it as long as they keep moving it forward. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Would love the option to completely remove "clear type" or "anti alias" without a registry hack lol and in all areas including start menu. I already have a bad eye, I don't need things intentionally blurry!

Would also love a less tablet like experience, like what windows 7 was. You can really tell alot that 10 was designed heavily with tablets in mind even with it on "desktop" mode

Less bloat too or the option to uninstall more of it. It's a desktop. I don't need camera, maps, location etc I'm not hauling my tower when I need directions lmao don't have a webcam either (or want one)

Most people like those things but I don't need them lol

BearFBI

@Pawprints1986

"Would also love a less tablet like experience, like what windows 7 was. You can really tell alot that 10 was designed heavily with tablets in mind even with it on "desktop" mode"

To me Windows 10 isn't much of a tablet experience. Windows 8 was lol, That's why it was utter garbage. If anything macos is more tablet like than windows 10. 

"Less bloat too or the option to uninstall more of it. It's a desktop. I don't need camera, maps, location etc I'm not hauling my tower when I need directions lmao don't have a webcam either (or want one)"

I agree with you on the bloat. You know you can uninstall most of it though. I have a Feeling MS might finally cut down on it. There removing all the useless doubble apps, the two paint apps, two setting apps, etc.

Really all I want is for windows to catchup to macos design wise and optimization wise. Windows is an absolute resource and memory hog. 

Pawprints1986

@BearFBI just making sure, if my macos you mean the Mac operating system? I wonder if that's gotten any more intuitive over the years. I used to help my mom with her Mac laptop, but found myself often googling how to find a setting that I knew right where it was in windows 😁 I'll have to check out what things I can remove though. I had a motherboard just recently crap the bed, so I'm starting over retweaking everything

But that said, I'm still rocking my iPod 😉 I love it. I know there's so many newer ways now, but I'm generally along the lines of if it ain't broke don't fix it lol

BearFBI

@Pawprints1986 Yes I mean the mac operating system. Mac OS has changed, the recent Big Sur update has made it almost better than windows. I spun it up in a VM a while ago and I quite liked it. 

You have to do some tweaking to feel right at home like you do with windows but it's worth it. I'm done with the issues windows has. 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

it does look like something apple has created. I just want them to progress and make things better and faster, nothing like vista, that was a total disaster. 

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

it does look like something apple has created. I just want them to progress and make things better and faster, nothing like vista, that was a total disaster. 

Ah, Vista wasn't THAT bad - my wife had it on her previous laptop, and to me it was simply an earlier version of Windows 7. Windows ME, on the other hand, was a complete & utter steamin' pile o' crap(apparently you can't type the proper word, so "crap" it is 🙄)..... that is, if you ever had the displeasure to take THAT for a test drive! 👎

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CFPartDeux yes I remember windows ME, you described it perfectly. They were both very very sluggish. I really liked windows xp and I once got a version called beast edition from a buddy. It had all the basic stuff and removed all the stuff that you didnt need and it used to fly. 

BearFBI

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.trustedreviews.com/news/windows-10-support-to-end-2025-in-another-h...

Microsoft announced its ending support for Win10 in 2025.... Windows 11 is totally happening. Microsoft is making it way too obvious