cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom’s new 1.5GB nationwide for $24?

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I stumbled upon this introductory offer from Freedom, where they include 1.5GB with no zones? Could it be that Public Mobile is making them squirm?

16 REPLIES 16

abTest
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy wrote:

I stumbled upon this introductory offer from Freedom, where they include 1.5GB with no zones? Could it be that Public Mobile is making them squirm?

Maybe.  And hopefully PM will do a bit more on the new $25 plan (perhaps bump data to 1.5GB to match).  Price is already beater with auto-pay.

popping
Oracle
Oracle

Sooner or later, FM has to offer nation wide service in order to compete with the Big-3.

If you hit a dead zone within FM coverage area, you are not going to switch to their partner network.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy  I'd rather chew glass than be a customer of freedom mobile. I wouldn't even switch if it was free with unlimited data.

@Haiggy , I've moved this thread to The Lounge category, as this thread seems to be more about Freedom than Public Mobile, and as there is currently no such plan at Public.

Felixbthe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile should not only match Freedom's Plan but make it 2 GB nationwide, set the stage, build new customer base. Cheers

Freedom is not a direct competitor.  It’s great for folks who live and work 8n their coverage areas, but it’s awful if you do not.

@stonechucker wrote:

Freedom is not a direct competitor.  It’s great for folks who live and work 8n their coverage areas, but it’s awful if you do not.

Ironically, Freedom Mobile customers who are often outside of Freedom's coverage areas will often receive better service because of how some of the plans include roaming usage.

thechunkyknot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would not waste my money of freedom mobile I have heard that there has been issues with them. Such as places where there is no service. and if you do have service calls are being lost and data is really slow.

memetis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone seen the new Freedom Mobile Pre-paid plans. They now include coverage across Canada with NO zones. There are some plans I think that Public should consider.