cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom’s new 1.5GB nationwide for $24?

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I stumbled upon this introductory offer from Freedom, where they include 1.5GB with no zones? Could it be that Public Mobile is making them squirm?

16 REPLIES 16

Haiggy

Yes, exactly, especially with the new plans announced today.

Haiggy

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haiggy wrote:

I stumbled upon this introductory offer from Freedom, where they include 1.5GB with no zones? Could it be that Public Mobile is making them squirm?

Maybe.  And hopefully PM will do a bit more on the new $25 plan (perhaps bump data to 1.5GB to match).  Price is already beater with auto-pay.

With today's new plan announcements, the trend seems to be going in the opposite direction. Disappointing.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@Haiggy  I'd rather chew glass than be a customer of freedom mobile. I wouldn't even switch if it was free with unlimited data.

Yup. I used to be with freedom and the one of the reasons I switched was because they keep nickle and dimeming me with $1 here and there because I exited there zones, and then they passed on some extra charges onto consumers such as some 911 fee or something being deducted from my prepaid account monthly, so that my prepaid accound was always $0.15 or $0.25 short to refill. I hate them too. Another reason I switched was they would let me access my account without memorizing account info such as name and address etc even though I gave them the correct account pin number, and their call centre does nothing to help such as trying other ways to verify an account especially when that account is NOT reported stolen.

Felixbthe1

Neither would I, Public uses Telus towers, coverage from coast to coast.

@thechunkyknot wrote:

I would not waste my money of freedom mobile I have heard that there has been issues with them. Such as places where there is no service. and if you do have service calls are being lost and data is really slow.

Felixbthe1

Freedom is terrible, I live on Vancouver Island and they finally rolled out in Victoria, I am in Nanaimo BC and service will probably take another 1.5 years to get here, lol. What were they called, oh yeah Wind. No service at SFU in Vancouver BC, lol

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It looks like Freedom Mobile is trying to match up with other phone companies so they can get more customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

memetis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone seen the new Freedom Mobile Pre-paid plans. They now include coverage across Canada with NO zones. There are some plans I think that Public should consider.

thechunkyknot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would not waste my money of freedom mobile I have heard that there has been issues with them. Such as places where there is no service. and if you do have service calls are being lost and data is really slow.

@stonechucker wrote:

Freedom is not a direct competitor.  It’s great for folks who live and work 8n their coverage areas, but it’s awful if you do not.

Ironically, Freedom Mobile customers who are often outside of Freedom's coverage areas will often receive better service because of how some of the plans include roaming usage.

Freedom is not a direct competitor.  It’s great for folks who live and work 8n their coverage areas, but it’s awful if you do not.

Felixbthe1

Public Mobile should not only match Freedom's Plan but make it 2 GB nationwide, set the stage, build new customer base. Cheers

@Haiggy , I've moved this thread to The Lounge category, as this thread seems to be more about Freedom than Public Mobile, and as there is currently no such plan at Public.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy  I'd rather chew glass than be a customer of freedom mobile. I wouldn't even switch if it was free with unlimited data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sooner or later, FM has to offer nation wide service in order to compete with the Big-3.

If you hit a dead zone within FM coverage area, you are not going to switch to their partner network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haiggy wrote:

Maybe.  And hopefully PM will do a bit more on the new $25 plan (perhaps bump data to 1.5GB to match).  Price is already beater with auto-pay.

Need Help? Let's chat.