Did you mean: 

Any concern about corona virus?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

May be more serious than we think?

7 REPLIES 7

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wouldn't be as long as your immune system is strong by eating a healthy diet, washing your hands frequently with soap and water, avoid touching your face, nose and mouth with your hands. Also covering your nose with a tissue when someone sneezes or coughs since the virus is spread through respiratory droplets.

@Rlarocque11 wrote:

Well considering we plan to bring 325 infected people into the country i sure hope they do all they can to keep the spread of it down. If those people are still carriers of the virus when they leave quarantine, I could see it spreadin real fast. Time will tell though. If we have a big resurgence of it in a month, you know where it came from. 

This comment is baseless fear mongering.  If any of these people were infected, they would be handled no different than any Canadian currently in the country who test positive, once they are repatriated.  

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't worry about corona virus too much as long as paying attention to keeping clean myself.

Many health authorities around the world say they wash their hands with running water and soap more carefully than usual, especially after going out and before eating. When combined with alcohol spray / gel, it is also effective against this virus.

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

May be more serious than we think?

Rlarocque11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well considering we plan to bring 325 infected people into the country i sure hope they do all they can to keep the spread of it down. If those people are still carriers of the virus when they leave quarantine, I could see it spreadin real fast. Time will tell though. If we have a big resurgence of it in a month, you know where it came from. 

@Jb456 wrote:

received_218087232691942.jpeg

I am sure that this was just an attempt at some humor and lightheartedness, but I wouldn't be suprised if this tweet ends up backfiring on the company.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nada!  This country has hundreds of thousands of flu cases each year with casualties in the thousands.  Influenza is one of the top 10 leading causes of death in Canda.  So, let's put things into perspective.  Risk = likelihood x consequence.  I am not convinced that consequence of contracting 2019-nCoV is assured fatality.  Moreover, the likelihood of contact so far seems rather low compared to the garden variety flu. 

That said, I was at the store today and saw people hoarding disposable medical masks by the case.  $20 for a pack of 50.  Those purchases are going to landfill in a month's time.  

Need Help? Let's chat.