cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Ingenuity . Love it? Hate it?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

A Frigidaire stove with a 1 time 3 second timer vs a LG Microwave with an umpteen  hour reacccuring 3 second timer.

6 REPLIES 6

vexter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Lol @dabr would love to have your problem. If I forget and leave something on the stove there is the potential to start a fire. 

Here's another example the Boeing 737 max. You build a deathtrap and instead of freely fixing  the problem you try to sell it to the customer.

@gblackma Yes good point, better the stove than microwave:)

As to the Boeing situation, it just boggles my mind that they would make safety features (that were available) had to be requested and paid for by the customer.  All to save some money for Boeing.  Horrible and criminal IMO!

The conservative approach to regulation seems to be the very logical idea that companies would build things properly/safely because not to could easily bring a business down. However it does seem that those who hold these beliefs must be slow learners because time and again companies do the unlogical thing and put a max in the air, keep making defective air bags, sell contaminated food etc etc. Is it because the top execs are immoral bastards who have iron clad contracts protecting them from lawsuits while enabling them to collect on their contracts from the ruins of their company?  

@gblackma wrote:

Lol @dabr would love to have your problem. If I forget and leave something on the stove there is the potential to start a fire. 

Here's another example the Boeing 737 max. You build a deathtrap and instead of freely fixing  the problem you try to sell it to the customer.

@gblackma Yes good point, better the stove than microwave:)

As to the Boeing situation, it just boggles my mind that they would make safety features (that were available) had to be requested and paid for by the customer.  All to save some money for Boeing.  Horrible and criminal IMO!

@gblackma wrote:

Lol. My stove timer goes of once for 3 seconds.

Vs 

My microwave which goes off for hours every minute until you stop it.

Kinda absurd given the risk to you from the stove lol.🔥

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

A Frigidaire stove with a 1 time 3 second timer vs a LG Microwave with an umpteen  hour reacccuring 3 second timer.

@gblackma huh?

@gblackma  I have the opposite problem...range timer will not stop beeping until the timer is physically stopped, but the microwave timer requires no further action, although that might be due to the range being quite a few years old and the microwave was purchased only a few months ago.   A little annoying but not a big deal really:)

Lol. My stove timer goes of once for 3 seconds.

Vs 

My microwave which goes off for hours every minute until you stop it.

Kinda absurd given the risk to you from the stove lol.🔥

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma huh?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma huh?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.