cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls

BrianC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer on the $45 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling. Unfortunately I am unable to make long distance calls, if I try it states that I have no long distance add on.  I can go into self serve, plan is active, shows this plan. Is there anything I am supposed to do on my phone to enable me to make calls?

6 REPLIES 6

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BrianC wrote:

Sorry, as I am new here, I have a question about how long it normally takes to receive an answer. I am still unable to make calls, and I haven't heard from anyone. Not sure what I canb do at this point - when you have a problem like this, what is the usual timeframe that you should hear back from someone? Just trying to gauge when I may be able to actually use my phone to make long distance calls 🙂

Officially you'll get a response within 48 hours, but usually they're quicker than that. I'd expect you'll have a response to your initial message within a day or so.

BrianC

Sorry, as I am new here, I have a question about how long it normally takes to receive an answer. I am still unable to make calls, and I haven't heard from anyone. Not sure what I canb do at this point - when you have a problem like this, what is the usual timeframe that you should hear back from someone? Just trying to gauge when I may be able to actually use my phone to make long distance calls 🙂

BrianC

I did just do the private messaging as I suspect that you are all correct, it probably was a provisioning issue, as I can do everything else, text, data, local calls and all looks fine on self serve. It definitely is not an issue of trying too soon as I have had this plan for a week. 

Thanks everyone.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BrianC wrote:

I am a new customer on the $45 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling. Unfortunately I am unable to make long distance calls, if I try it states that I have no long distance add on.  I can go into self serve, plan is active, shows this plan. Is there anything I am supposed to do on my phone to enable me to make calls?

Just to troubleshoot - can you make local calls?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BrianC, your account may not have been provisioned properly.  You will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

johnny142
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

When i first signed up, it took a few hours for my number to actually port over and become active. If its already been awhile, try to restart your phone, and the last thing you could do is message the moderator team for assistance to get you up and running.

Let me know how you make out! have a great day!

Johnny

Need Help? Let's chat.