cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not fully working

janine45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent a PM to the moderators yesterday but I am still waiting to hear back – I am disappointed it has taken this long considering the issue. I would like to solve the issues sooner than later as I need my phone to be working properly. 

I signed up for Public yesterday (transferred from Fido also transferring my phone number). After waiting for 2 hours for the SIM to transfer, I was able to send text messages however, unable to receive any text messages. Anyone that called me said it would go strait to voice mail. I put my Fido SIM in an old phone which is still accepting phone calls only some of the time. I also periodically receive a text to my old Fido SIM. It is just odd as I can make calls and send texts from my Public SIM. Yet, I can not receive any texts/calls. I am unable to send picture messages with the Public SIM. I have gone into my phone settings and Public Mobile is listed as the carrier.  

Have any tips? 

2 REPLIES 2

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@janine45 wrote:

I sent a PM to the moderators yesterday but I am still waiting to hear back – I am disappointed it has taken this long considering the issue. I would like to solve the issues sooner than later as I need my phone to be working properly. 

Response from the Moderator range from 5 minutes to 48 hours depending on the request volume.

I signed up for Public yesterday (transferred from Fido also transferring my phone number). After waiting for 2 hours for the SIM to transfer, I was able to send text messages however, unable to receive any text messages. Anyone that called me said it would go strait to voice mail. I put my Fido SIM in an old phone which is still accepting phone calls only some of the time. I also periodically receive a text to my old Fido SIM. It is just odd as I can make calls and send texts from my Public SIM. Yet, I can not receive any texts/calls.

That is normal behaviour when porting your number form another provider. Once you insert your Public Mobile sim card in your phone then you are able to make calls and send texts. You should also be able to receive texts and calls from other customers that are connected to the same network. Callers outside the PM network will still be routed to Fido until the port is 100% completed. You will know when that happens because your Fido sim will stop working and you will receive a text from PM saying that the port has completed.

I am unable to send picture messages with the Public SIM. I have gone into my phone settings and Public Mobile is listed as the carrier.

In order to send MMS (picture messages) you need to turn data on and have the correct APN settings for your phone.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Have any tips? 

Hope this helps.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

call still goingto fido sim mean incomplete port.  you will need to send your porting details (fido account name and account number) to moderator_team via private message. they are the only ones who can reinitate the port.

does data work?  mms require a data connection to send. if data does not work you need to set up your apn settings.  what phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.