cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM & Activation online form

dannnn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe I should be posting here instead.

I was transferring my wind number to PM, shortly after, I received a text from Public Mobile: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider. Thanks.

I can't seem to find the above mentioned form. Please help.

21 REPLIES 21

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gsinghcan wrote:

I got here because I'm one of those people who got the message to fill SIM & Activation online form but couldnt find it. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks,

Ignore those instructions. The information is out-dated and there is no such form.  This is a text message that Public Mobile sends to a customer when requests a phone number to be ported in but the request has failed.  The only way to contact Public Mobile customer service is to send a private message to Moderator_Team .

@gsinghcan if you're not sure how to contact the moderator team, please see the info below:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue, please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@gsinghcan wrote:

I got here because I'm one of those people who got the message to fill SIM & Activation online form but couldnt find it. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks,

Ignore those instructions. The information is out-dated and there is no such form.  This is a text message that Public Mobile sends to a customer when requests a phone number to be ported in but the request has failed.  The only way to contact Public Mobile customer service is to send a private message to Moderator_Team .

gsinghcan

it says, invalid sim and already activated since yesterday.

popping

@gsinghcan Online activation form link

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

gsinghcan

Thanks,

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
It seems like the number is tied to the SIM somehow.

Have you tried transferring your number to a new sim?

I think it is worth the try, and a new sim is free.

Thank you

JL

terence

Still haven't resolved the issue. Tried to manually reset (there's a reset button near the sim slot on my Xperia Z3), but that didn't do anything. Can see the wrong number in several locations but none allow me to edit it.

@Kalla_A suggested I try to change it using an unlocked iPhone or Samsung. Tried a Samsung but no luck. Looking for an iPhone now... Will update if I'm able to fix this.

srlawren

Hi @terence, hopefully @Kalla_A was able to resolve this for you.  Please give us a brief update when you get a moment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

terence

Thanks @Kalla_A for the prompt reply - sent the info via private message!

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @terence

Could you send me both numbers by private message? Please clarify which one is your business number and which is the number you wished to port. 

We will tackle this right away Smiley Wink

Thank you!

Kalla

terence

Thanks @Kalla_A.  Now I'm experiencing a related problem... when I look up "my phone number" under my phone settings, it still shows the wrong phone number - which is my business phone number, which it seems to have originally tried to port.

I've done some research, and it seems this number is now connected to my SIM card, and can be reset/corrected to the actual phone number with an account refresh.  Is this something you can help with?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @terence,

I am happy to hear that your number was successfully ported, and that your service is now functional.

Welcome to Public Mobile Smiley Very Happy 

Cheers,

Kalla

terence

So I went back into my online account, and saw that my account showed my "Alternate Number" as my phone number.  I had entered my work phone number as my alternate number during the port, so it would be very bad if this number got ported instead of my personal number!

I used the "Change Phone Number" tab to re-submit my port instructions, using the phone number I wanted to port as the "Alternate Number" as well.  Now the correct phone number shows up in my account details.  It took about 20 minutes, but I just received a text indicating that my transfer request has been completed successfully, and am able to place/receive both calls and texts.

No idea why the first attempt didn't work... maybe the "Alternate Number" box is incorrectly labeled in the form.  Hopefully this info helps anyone else who experiences the same issue!

terence

Hi,

I just registered and tried to port my number this morning... received a similar text message to visit publicmobile.ca, click contact us and find the "SIM & Activation online form", which does not exist.

My phone doesn't work for either voice or text.  Please help!

dannnn
it's now up and running!
Thx Shazia!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @dannnn,

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to see that you had some issues with porting your number to us, I will be glad to assist you in this matter.

Would it be possible for you to send me the number you are trying to port along the account number you had with your old provider? Please send it to me via private message.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jairolevi

Probably you are going to hear back from them tomorrow...

Its sunday evening after all and we are all humans 🙂

Thank you,

JL.

dannnn
Patiently waiting!😬 Thanks for the heads up!

jairolevi

Hi @dannnn,

Don't worry, one of mods ( @Shazia_K@Mary_M or @Kalla_A ) should be able to help you.

They are probably going to ask you your phone number and account details, please send them that via private message ( and not here in the public forum )

Thank you,

JL.

jairolevi

Please do not comment on this thread.

This is being addressed in here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/SIM-amp-Activation-online-form/m-p/535...

Lets try to keep the forum organized.  Good Karma!

JL.

dannnn

Hello:

I was transferring my wind number to PM, shortly after, I received a text from Public Mobile: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider. Thanks.

I can't seem to find the above mentioned form. Please help.

Need Help? Let's chat.