hankonguitar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm using a Samsung s8

8 REPLIES 8

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@hankonguitar wrote:

I'm using a Samsung s8

@hankonguitar Contact moderators: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@hankonguitar wrote:

Just noticed that my phone info shows a temporary PM number and not the one currently on my PM account. I've rebooted several times already and it's been 4 hours since changing numbers from telus.

@hankonguitar That doesn't sound right. Once you submit the port you should get assigned the new number immediately. Best to submit a ticket to PM to investigate

Include as much as info as possible.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hankonguitar wrote:

I'm using a Samsung s8

Are your data and text in/out work?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hankonguitar wrote:

I am having the same issue. Called 611 and it hangs up immediately just like every other number I try.

@computergeek541 

Please move @hankonguitar to a new thread as s/he is using Samsung s8 while OP is using Honor 9i.

Thanks @computergeek541 

hankonguitar

Just noticed that my phone info shows a temporary PM number and not the one currently on my PM account. I've rebooted several times already and it's been 4 hours since changing numbers from telus.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@hankonguitar wrote:

I am having the same issue. Called 611 and it hangs up immediately just like every other number I try.

@hankonguitar  Public Mobile uses 3G bands B2 and B5 for calling so your device needs to support both otherwise calling will not function properly 

Well, if that is, in fact, the case, then that answers the OP's question, because the Honor 9i  doesn't support both.....

Both aren't required to make or receive a phone call. You only need one or the other and your phone has be picking up that signal.  Band 5 will travel farther and will be able to provide signal better in large buildings or underground.  There are some locations that don't have both. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hankonguitar wrote:

@hankonguitar  Public Mobile uses 3G bands B2 and B5 for calling so your device needs to support both otherwise calling will not function properly 

hankonguitar

Need Help? Let's chat.