cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost Phone Last Night

fazhanziard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lost my phone yesterday .I've been with Public mobile since long time .Please make arrangements for me to receive a sim asap.My current address is xxxx xxxxxxxx xxx Toronto .Ontario xxxxxx. 

Thanking you 

M.Z.M. xxxxxx

Mobile number xxxxxxxxxx

Edited by @imm1304 to remove personal info

7 REPLIES 7

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would understand that yes, the SIM could probably be reactivated, but if the IMEI of the phone is still blacklisted, the phone won't work. I would assume that would be up to the mods to allow the phone access to service

GC

@mimmo@Wonder_why

The blurb in self serve suggests that I can come back within 90days and resume service on the SIM card I have reported lost / suspended.

However, this being Public Mobile, I'll await confirmation from the wise people.

Screenshot-2018-01-24-08.58.jpg

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo wrote:

@imm1304  just a question related to this. If i put my phone as lost and stolen, can I undo it if i find my phone or do i have to buy a new sim to reactivate it the account.

@mimmo I believe the MOD can reactived it, if there want, most likely there will not

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304  just a question related to this. If i put my phone as lost and stolen, can I undo it if i find my phone or do i have to buy a new sim to reactivate it the account.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @fazhanziard,

These forums are public and anyone can see whatever you post here.  

To protect your privacy, I have edited your previous post to remove personal info.  For future, only share personal info via private message to the @CS_Agent.  

Here is what I think you should do: 

1. sign into https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and temporarily suspend your account so no one else can use your phone service. You can do this by clicking on "Plan and Add-ons" and then "Lost/Stolen phone" and click on "Suspend Service".
  2. Go to the nearest Walmart or Wow mobile kiosk or K-mobile kiosk and pick up a new sim card. 
  3. Go back to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and remove the temp suspension and click on "Plan and add-ons" and then click on "Change sim card".  Enter the new sim card's serial number and update.
  4. Place the new sim card in your phone and your service should be restored.
  5. If you need to blacklist your lost phone, or if you need more help you can contact the mods.  

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fazhanziard,

You might want to suspend your service so that no-one can make calls or use text/data from your phone.  You can do this via your self service portal, in the plans and add-ons section.

If you find your phone, you can get it re-activated.  If you are sure it has been stolen, you can contact the moderators via private message so that they can register it as stolen(blacklisted).

Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.
Click here to send them a private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @fazhanziard.  Sorry to hear about your phone.

If you need to get a new SIM, you will either need to order one on-line from Public Mobile, or you can get one from a nearby retailer. Currently they are available at some of the locations of:

If there are no locations of any of those stores near you, or you can't find a card in stock, you can always get one by ordering from Public Mobile's website.

A couple of other things that are also important.  As this is a public forum, you should not post private information in your posts.  You should edit our post as soon as possible (click the 3 dots at the top right of your post), and remove your address and phone number)
Lastly, you should always start a new topic for a new problem/situation that you need help with.  That way your issue can get all of the attenting it deserves.  When you post a new problem to an older topic there is a good chance it will go unseen for a while.

Need Help? Let's chat.