cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puk number

Ecsilver26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I forgot my pin and now it wants a puk number. I saw in another post that I am to private message the moderators and have done that. 

How long does it normally take to hear back? Will they answer my message or will I receive an email back?

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

Yes we got the SIM cards and even had them set up our plans at Walmart originally. I was pretty disappointed myself.

It's also nonsense that you need to change the number. Simply not true. There is a feature in the self-serve that lets you change the SIM. It doesn't need to change your number.

If you're still keen on spending some extra money then try one of the other stores.

Dang these moderator delays are unbelievable.

Ecsilver26

Yes we got the SIM cards and even had them set up our plans at Walmart originally. I was pretty disappointed myself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

Just left Walmart it turns out that they can't give us a new SIM card unless we change her number. They also didn't think they would be able to unlock it even if we did. So we're still waiting on the moderators to get back to us about a puk code.

That's nonsense. Once again...Walmart going against the deal. They're supposed to be able to sell just a SIM. I know I did in May.

Try any of the other locations like London Drugs, Wow Mobile, K Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related) even some Koodo outlets.

Did you get it activated at that Walmart or did you get a SIM and activate it at home?

Ecsilver26

Just left Walmart it turns out that they can't give us a new SIM card unless we change her number. They also didn't think they would be able to unlock it even if we did. So we're still waiting on the moderators to get back to us about a puk code.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

Does your sister or mom still have the Rogers unlock code from when they unlocked the phone? It's possible that's what it's asking for...

No unfortunately.

You could try contacting Rogers - make sure you have your phone's IMEI handy and I *think* it should be pretty painless to get the unlock code from them.

Ecsilver26

@cappaj wrote:

Does your sister or mom still have the Rogers unlock code from when they unlocked the phone? It's possible that's what it's asking for...

No unfortunately.

cappaj

@Anonymous wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

I dug out my unlock code email from Telus and it was 16 digits. OP is saying something about 8. I don't know if all phone unlock codes are 16 digits.

My Fido unlock code was 8 digits...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cappaj wrote:

I dug out my unlock code email from Telus and it was 16 digits. OP is saying something about 8. I don't know if all phone unlock codes are 16 digits.

cappaj

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

Just a thought, but would going to say Walmart and getting a new sim resolve my issue? As it seems it would be faster and easier then waiting for help here?

It's your money 🙂

So just for clarification...you've been a customer and you got a different phone. You had working service and went about putting your working SIM into a different phone.

Is that about right?

Then sure, get a new SIM and go into self-serve and do the change SIM function.

What I don't know and others might is...is your *account* now in a state expecting a PUK. Or even is the phone now in a state expecting a PUK.

Try another known working SIM in the phone. But that might still expect a PUK.

These technical variations I don't know.

Ecsilver26

Just a thought, but would going to say Walmart and getting a new sim resolve my issue? As it seems it would be faster and easier then waiting for help here?

Ecsilver26

I tried those and they are too short it seems to want at least 8 digits. Was worth the try.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

I checked it and it said it will work. 

Now I just need the puk number and I am good to go.

How many attempts have you made?

If WELL less than 10 then maybe you could try 0000 or 1234. Shot in the dark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26:

That's 2 blanks in this thread 🙂

Are you double clicking or something? You can go into the blank and edit the post into something proper if you like.

Ecsilver26

I had no idea it was adding blank posts. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

How many attempts have you made?

If WELL less than 10 then maybe you could try 0000 or 1234. Shot in the dark.

Ecsilver26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

I broke my phone and so mom gave me an old lg eve Eve or gw620r. It was with Rogers but she had it unlocked when my sister broke her phone. The whole puk thing happened because I was trying to get data to work and it did the sim thing but it wouldn't allow it. So I tried putting in the pin I had on my other phone and got myself into this mess. 

If it's an old Rogers phone I would check willmyphonework.net to see if it'll work here. Have the exact make/model details.

Ecsilver26

I broke my phone and so mom gave me an old lg eve Eve or gw620r. It was with Rogers but she had it unlocked when my sister broke her phone. The whole puk thing happened because I was trying to get data to work and it did the sim thing but it wouldn't allow it. So I tried putting in the pin I had on my other phone and got myself into this mess. 

Ecsilver26

IMG_20181104_213459.jpg

The phone asking for the puk code

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ecsilver26 wrote:

I forgot my pin and now it wants a puk number. I saw in another post that I am to private message the moderators and have done that. 

How long does it normally take to hear back? Will they answer my message or will I receive an email back?

Unfortunately it could be a couple days. Look for the red blob over the little envelope icon in the upper right corner. You might get an email from this site notifying you that you got the reply too.

What kind of phone is it?

If a Saumsung, many people have had success using their online chat to get a code.

Or if the phone is locked to a carrier then you'll need to go back to that carrier and get an unlock code. It's free.

Need Help? Let's chat.