cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Not Completed

martink
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was looking to switch from Fido and went through the whole sign up and port in process. Turns out my Public Mobile sim card can now only make outgoing calls and not receive incoming calls. 

Fido tells me that there are no active port outs on my account which leads me to believe it is a Public Mobile problem. I've PM'd @Mary_M @Saray_O and @Shazia_K

Is there any other way to contact Public Mobile? It has been over 16 hours since my port in attempt.

24 REPLIES 24

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I've had great service 🤑 Maybe you've pissed someone off. No , that couldn't be it.

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

SERVICE??? WHAT SERVICE!!! 

THIS IS PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE. EXPECT THIS! 

NEXT PROMO WE HAVE, WE WILL HAVE 150 DAY WAIT TIME FOR SERVICE.... NO BIG DEAL RIGHT?

nigelayen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been a couple of weeks now and I am still unable to use my phone fully. I gave up on getting the number ported from Rogers and I got got a new Public Mobile number about 2 weeks ago. Everything was working great. Suddenly, last Friday, I see my phone number has been changed back to the Rogers number. I am able to make calls (from the Rogers number) but I am unable to receive any calls. My old Rogers account has been cancelled and therefore the number cannot be ported. I tried logging into my account to get a new Public Mobile number (again) and there is an error that says "Phone number change failed". I don't want the old number ported again. I simply want a new Public Mobile phone number that works. I would appreciate help from anyone reading this. @Shazia_K 

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully she has time to get to you today.

ozairali

I am having the same issue!!! I am a rogers customer, and it has been over 2 weeks, i cannot receive any incoming calls or texts. PLEASE HELP @Shazia_K

srlawren
@nigelayenyes you should

@ngckn3 unfortunately they are completely swamped due to the overwhelming popularity of the promo plan. Please try to be patient and they will get you as soon as they can.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ngckn3
I have the same issue and I did private message them but no reply.

nigelayen

I ported over from Rogers more than 16 hours ago but the process failed on he credit card page. I was unable to start the process over because I kept getting an "Invalid SIM" message on the first page. So, I eventually go the account setup and the credit card details sorted. The problem now is that I can make calls from the phone but I cannot receive calls. If you call my phone you will get the Rogers voicemail. Seems like the port was not completed. I can make calls but I cannot receive calls. Should I PM @Mary_M@Saray_O or @Shazia_K?

"I'm a real boy" haha

srlawren

@martink I don't think @Christopher_T will be much help here.  In fact, he has been proven to be a semi-mythical entity 🙂  More details....

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Christopher-T-Public-Mobile/m-p/21332/high...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/who-is-christopher-t-and-what-does-he-do-h...

And most importantly.....

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Has-Anyone-Noticed/m-p/59800/highlight/tru...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@jintianhuan

This is normal if you are porting your phone number from a Rogers reseller. 

Can you please send me a private message with the phone number you are trying to bring to us. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jintianhuan

I am having the same issue here.

I was told to wait. "port is still processing and we're just basically waiting for Rogers to allow/confirm the port. "

but it has been almost 24 hrs now. 

I don't know how much longer I suppose to wait...

doh13

@daredogg wrote:

@doh13 I don't think down playing PM saying they're in beta is a good idea. Public Mobile is fully operational, it's that some of their automation may not work perfectly. 

Last time I knew they were in beta , my mistake. And it's more than just automations not working I am still waiting for them to find/fix a problem calling a local exchange 902_745-xxx (its classed as long distance or out of province) I believe I have asked for them to look into it 3 times  in the last 6_8 months and was assured someone would take care of it. They did add a free 400 min international calling package  but that does not help new customers that need to Call the  exchange. As I have verified this happens on each new account I have set up for friends/family

Rockdaddy22
Glad everything seems to be solved here 🙂

@doh13 I don't think down playing PM saying they're in beta is a good idea. Public Mobile is fully operational, it's that some of their automation may not work perfectly. That's why they have great moderators like @Shazia_K (who appears to be on right now).

@martink Sorry to hear of your issues with porting, but I can assure you once you get over this hiccup you'll be glad your switched to Public Mobile. I've been here for 2 weeks, and can't be happier. Hopefully Shazia will get you to soon, but sending a private message to her might save some time.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @martink

I'm sorry for the delayed response, 

I was able to look into the port request for you and I see that it was kind of stuck in the back end. 

I did quickly fix this for you and the port is scheduled to complete in the next 40 minutes. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

doh13

@martink wrote:

Waiting the full 24 hours will not sort out this issue.

I sence a man with little patience 🙂 seriously though they usually get to it quickly but like I said try contacting a pm person that is online. The port likely  did not go through automatically  so the pm staff need to take care of it and they will . Please note that pm is still in beta so there are still many quirks .(if they are not  anymore they should be lol)

martink

This has nothing to do with patience. The main reason I am reaching out to PM staff is due to Fido informing me that there is no active port-out request on the account - therefore requiring manual action by PM. Waiting the full 24 hours will not sort out this issue.

@martink I'm sure they'll get to your request soon... hold tight

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

patience is a lost virtue...

martink

@Christopher_T are you able to look into this?

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

they are usually active by now, put ports may take up to 24 hours to finish. You still technically have under 8 hours left ... 

If it doesnt become active by mid day then I would ask the status, but you already PM'd them anyway so just sit tight until they start work. 

doh13
They should fix the problem for you I had the same problem before when the port did not complete correctly. PS all 3 of the pm support you contacted seem to be offline at the time either you can wait for them or try contacting someone who is online.
Need Help? Let's chat.