cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voicemail Number?

trshtup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning,

I'm new to PM; recieved the SIM yesterday and registration/sign up/number porting from Bell went smoothly.

The only issue I have is that my voicemail number (my number) isn't stored on the SIM, so when I receive a voicemail I have to dial my 10 digit number each time.  When I press and hold 1, my phone says that there is no voicemail number (and asks me if I want to add one).  When I navigate to the voicemail setting to add my number it won't let me add it (i.e. the "add number" function on the phone is faint anf pressing it does nothing.  I assume that's becasue this function is attached to the SIM which is somehow locked.  For what it's worth I can't change my call forwarding functions for the same reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @trshtup, sorry to hear of you trouble!

Hi everyone, please do not respond on this thread.  Please reply on @trshtup's other identical thred in the Self-Serve section of the Community, since it seems to have more activity:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/No-Voicemail-Number/m-p/74436#U74436

Thank you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

trshtup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply.

I did set up the voicemail, and it works fine - if someone calls me and I don't answer it goes to voicemail and they can leave a message after hearing my greeting.

My issue is accessing my VM.  I need to dial my 10 didgit number each time...there are no short cuts (press/hold 1, press the voicemail button).  The SIM needs to have my voicemail number in it in order to allow me to short cut by pressing and holding 1, but I can't enter my voicemail number (to save it), at least through my phone.

I have an android (LG G3).

Thanks again.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

welcome to PM @trshtup

which phone are you using ?

you can update the voicemail number on an iPhone.

on the other hand, have you set up your voice mail. i believe once we activate the new sim card, we are required to record a greeting etc.

unless you set up the voice mail box, you will not receive the voice mails.

Need Help? Let's chat.