cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Not Working

holmann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mobile data has stopped working a few days ago. 

I reset the network settings on my device several times and it still doesn't work. 

I thought maybe I had reached my limit of 12Gb for the cycle and cut off, but the new cycle starts today and it still doesn't work.  (Can someone confirm for me whether a) data is cut off when the limit is reached for the cycle b) my cycle is equivalent to the frequency my paments are due)

When I view 'My Plan & Add Ons' through 'My Account' it tells me:

Pick & Pay

This plan includes: -
- Expired

Is the 'Expired' shown here of any significance?

Phone calls and text messages work no problem.  Wifi works no problem.  Public Mobile with 3/5 bars and LTE show up in the top banner of my phone. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as not having mobile data is kind of very inconvenient. 

Thanks so much!

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

All add-ons are a two-step process.  Step 1, add the money to available funds.  Step 2, re-select the add-on you desire.

Have you done this?

@Casey1801 yes, this second step is required.  More details here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22....

If you've done all of that, have you also rebooted your phone?  Some phones seem to require this after adding an add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

All add-ons are a two-step process.  Step 1, add the money to available funds.  Step 2, re-select the add-on you desire.

Have you done this?

Casey1801
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did a top up worth $30 of data should have 1gb and it’s not working 

this place sucks cause you can’t call anyone so really struggling 

Chadlindstrom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Ok thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you can tell if you hve used up your data by looking at the addons if the data addon is there it will show how much data you have used.  if it is not there then your data is all sed up.

the expired you refer to causes much confusion.  it simply is taht the plan you are on is no longer available, but is grandfathered.  

many of us reccomend using a data tracking app.  i use my data manager and it is great as you can adjust the cycle to 90 day terms 

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @holmann

I just replied to your private message a few minutes ago! You've used up all of your data for this billing cycle and your plan renewal is only tomorrow 🙂

Please view your inbox, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.