Did you mean: 

Loyalty Pays

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 18, 2018

The Loyalty Reward

How does it work?

On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended.

Loyalty Reward Amount Earned

30-day plan

90-day plan

After 1 year

$1/30 days

$3/90 days

After 2 years

$2/30 days

$6/90 days

After 3 years

$3/30 days

$9/90 days

After 4 years

$4/30 days

$12/90 days

After 5 years and onwards

$5/30 days

$15/90 days

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.

109 REPLIES 109

frostbite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

i Love it Heart

Good Luck public mobile Heart

relevance? loyalty reward is a discount. 

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will  recieve $1 a month off your bill for a maximum of  5 years equaling $5 a month off your bill in your fifth year. I hope this answers your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elhota wrote:

I signed up for the $15 plan 4 weeks ago.  A silly question.. so if I stay with Public Mobile for the next 15 years, will this mean that I will eventually accumulate $15 in loyalty rewards and pay $0/mth?  Or will they eventually increase the monthly rate (to account for inflation) and offset these loyalty rewards.

Up to 5 years. So max $5 thereafter.

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up for the $15 plan 4 weeks ago.  A silly question.. so if I stay with Public Mobile for the next 15 years, will this mean that I will eventually accumulate $15 in loyalty rewards and pay $0/mth?  Or will they eventually increase the monthly rate (to account for inflation) and offset these loyalty rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i Love it Heart

Good Luck public mobile Heart

Felixbthe1

I forgot to mention you will also recieve $1.00 off your monthly bill for every customer you refer for as long as they stay with public. You will also each earn a one time $10.00 credit. Being active in the community by helping others will also help you reap the rewards. Public Mobile's Facebook Page has an excellent breakdown of the rewards you can potentially earn, cheers

Felixbthe1

On auto pay you recieve a $2 credit. $2.00 off your monthly bill. Cheers

Felixbthe1

You will recieve then monthly as money off your bill

Auto pay =$2 dollars of your monthly bill

loyalty=     $1 Dollar off your bill monthly depending how long you have been a customer. 1$ first year $2 second year etc up to a maximum of $5 off your monthly bill in your 5th year. I hope this helps answer your question, Have a nice day.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Snaggles all texting is now worldwide you can text Canadian, usa, and international numbers from within Canada.

If you proactivy switch to a current plan before march 17th you will be given $5 loyalty rewards as you have been with pm for a over 6 years. If you do not go anything you will just get i believe 3$ in loyalty rewards

Snaggles

I feel that even with the switching years ago to a plan and purchasing a phone through Public Mobile under Telus was a sham.  We also had to pay the extra in order to have the Customer Service in the plan.  Along with that when we needed to use customer service a voice message came up that a charge of $5 could be added to your account for each use.

So, in reality we get stuck on the same plan which doesn't reward us anything.  I have the US messaging and that is not included in any of the new plans.  I will stick out with PM only for the fact that I have not had issues with the service that has been provided.  I just wish that out of anything that a value could be retroactive if there's options for it to collect rewards now.  I have been a customer since 2013.  Almost 6 years in February. 

mimmo

@Bayviewalbert  rewards take the shape of an account credet at your renewal date.  so if you have say auto pay and 1 refer a friend reward.  on renewal your available balance will increase from say 0 to $3 then your cc is charged the difference of plan cost - available balance

Bayviewalbert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I earn rewards and I am on auto pay...how will I receive them

popping

@enivek wrote:

Hello there  who could help me with my account?  I've reached the four year mark back in September, yet I'm still only getting the three year upon renewal.

Thanks in advance.

Are you on a 90 days cycle?

What is your next renewal date?

You will get $4 loyalty reward on your next renewal date after your anniversary date.

Was your plan suspended a period of time?

If yes, you anniversary date will be extended to same number of days.

Felixbthe1

Hi,your best option.would be to either ask Simon the chat bot or a moderator could look into the situation and solve it for you.

You can also get a breakdown of your account in the self serve option. I hope this answers your question,have a nice day.

enivek

Hello there  who could help me with my account?  I've reached the four year mark back in September, yet I'm still only getting the three year upon renewal.

Thanks in advance.

dumbdobie1

Unfortunately if you have a long term break in your good standing the loyalty rewards will reset. Perhaps the mods can do something for you if it was for a brief period of time. Good luck!

Felixbthe1

Exactly,make sure you have a plan with rewards,activate auto-pay,remain with Public five years and refer enough people to them,your bill will be $0.

FerdousH

As stated in the megathread, be sure that you are approved to recieve rewards to reduce your plan, After you have reduced your plan to 0$, you will be unable to recieve any more rewards. However it may be possible that you can "upgrade or add-on" to your plan and try and get it down to 0$ again. 🙂

Felixbthe1

Your loyalty rewards do not carry foward.Once you closed your account you lost all the credits that went with it.I hope that answers your question.

mimmo

@Canis  when you ported out your account closed and you lost any time served.  when you signed up again you began from the beginning. 

Canis

I have been a loyal PM  user since the great promo  4GB for $40/month   for 90 days.

I recently took the Koodo  promo and got a new Samsung S9 to go with it .

Since PM came out with the bare bones $10 plan I got that to use my old phone as a backup.

Do  my Loyalty rewards carry one from when I first started with PM a couple years ago.

Since my phone # was ported over that PM account was  removed it seems so I have no record 

of when I started.  It  was only stopped  just over 1 month ago. 

But I just opened up another account for the $10/mnth plan.

Looking at my community rewards it looks like I am on my third anniversary.

regards

Canis

Sharq00

Your plan should almost be down to zero per month. How come discounts ate not associated to your account ? Auto pay, years accumulate discount, referral discount....they should be paying all these out??

Sharq00

There is a break down listing on site? 

@Newivory wrote:

I have been using Public Mobile service for 3 or 4 years. That's enough loyalty I guess to get some savings! How can I avail the loyalty savings?

boywithnoname

I'm glad that PM has this  reward system in place.

My brother was with PM before I switched over so I used him as a referral and he was able to get that reward.

I also enjoy having the autopay reward it's handy to have.

jpar

The increase has been cancelled (for now). 

henrylum

I agree this is clearly deceptive marketing. Instead of getting -$3/90 days after 1 year, we are getting +$30/90 days just after the first year.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

Alexo

Contact the CCTS ( https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ )

If true, this is clearly deceptive advertisement.

mdobre

On the subject of "loyalty" it's worth noting that PM has recently showed they are not above increasing the cost of a popularly promotioned plan by 25% only 3 billings later (and I was resolved to stay with them for at least the next 5 years), despite the fact they had set a precedence advertising "as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises.(https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day...)

increase notice.JPG

Very shameful, disgusting business practice.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/40-4GB-Plan-getting-10-month-price-INCREA...

Felixbthe1

Public Mobile is the best,this company gives you well priced plans and makes you feel like family Keep up the good work Public Mobile.

Felixbthe1

After a year you will recieve $1 loyalty and every year after that until year 5 and you recieve your maximum of $5 loyalty off your monthly bill.You will continue to recieve your loyalty payment but they will not increase after year 5,cheers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.