cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Public Mobile SIM Card

Sorcerer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card last year with intention to use it but then did not and I put it in storage. I now would like to create a new PM account for my son and so I decided to use the PM SIM card that purchased last year. When I tried to set up a new account with it, I received a message stating that the PM SIM card is invalid. What can be done about this? Thanks very much. Cheers, Carl

36 REPLIES 36

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Sorcerer wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, it is definitely a PM SIM card. It's still attached in the plastic credit card sized frame thingy as we received it and it has never been detached and placed into a phone. Should I still try inserting it into a phone? Thanks.

Yes and let us know what happens

Sorcerer

Hi there,

Yes, it is definitely a PM SIM card. It's still attached in the plastic credit card sized frame thingy as we received it and it has never been detached and placed into a phone. Should I still try inserting it into a phone? Thanks.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Sorcerer wrote:

Hello,

I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card last year with intention to use it but then did not and I put it in storage. I now would like to create a new PM account for my son and so I decided to use the PM SIM card that purchased last year. When I tried to set up a new account with it, I received a message stating that the PM SIM card is invalid. What can be done about this? Thanks very much. Cheers, Carl

That error usually occurs if the SIM has been previously activated. Are you sure it's a PM card? What happens when you put the SIM card in the phone?

DeePM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello

Make sure you have entered the SIM Card# on the back of the new card.

spointer

if you have not used a sim card in a period of time i believe it will expire. this happened to my son and i had to buy a new card.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sorcerer wrote:

Hello,

@Sorcerer at what point did you see the invalid SIM card message?  

Was it when you were entering the SIM card#?

During the activation process online, did you go back to a previous page at all? 

Further questions to follow based on the additional details...

Need Help? Let's chat.