cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data on my iPhone 4

kiki237
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 4 but i only have iOS 7.1 I dont know why I can't have IOS 8 and I dont have data on my phone. please help me!

11 REPLIES 11

jmr18m_98

Hello MyzMC,

It doesnt work with iphone 4. So as far as I have read you can only get data to work with the iphone 4, you can't get mms with pictures. But you could take a picture and post via facebook or another app.

jmr18m_98

Hey DK,

I know this is an old post, but I have downloaded the software and tried it on my iphone 4. There is not access to the VPN to enable more setting changes. So in short this doesnt help with mms, for iphone 4.

MyzMc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you end up getting it to work with iPhone4?  I am still on the fence to switch to PM with iPhone4.  Based on some other posts, it seems it should be possible to get data working with the website, but what about MMS?

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi Sheila1, yes you need iOS 8.1.3 or higher and edit an settings for Data/MMS to work without issues on i4s.

Nevermind my rambling as I was thinking out loud and wondering if you could get the i4 to work properly as well but with some tweaks other than jailbreaking.

Sheila1

Hi!

Do you have an iphone 4 or 4S? It seems from what I have read that if you have a 4S you may be able to use i OS 8.

DK
Just to add to what you already mentioned, @OP above option will only work if connected to wifi, once configured then you are all set but like @DK mentioned your MMS will not work

I wish I had an old i4 kicking around to try the configuration tool. Be good to know if you could actually get the mms working!

DK
Yes to what chuk said as well.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DK wrote:
@hi, you can @ griff. If you use the i4 in question and using the safari browser goto http://unlockit.co.nz you can create the apn settings for PM and download to the phone. No jailbreak required. The MMS will not work as the only caveat.

@Just to add to what you already mentioned, @OP above option will only work if connected to wifi, once configured then you are all set but like @DK mentioned your MMS will not work

DK
There is another tool people have used but I cannot say if it works 100% and that is a apn config tool for iPhones. Here is the link http://iphone-configuration-utility.en.lo4d.com and you can d/l to Windows PCs and go from there. I would love to have a i4 to try it with but unfortunately don't.

Cheers

DK
Hi, you can @ griff. If you use the i4 in question and using the safari browser goto http://unlockit.co.nz you can create the apn settings for PM and download to the phone. No jailbreak required. The MMS will not work as the only caveat.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In order to get data working on an iPhone you need to follow the instructions posted here; iPhone Update

I don't believe it will work with the iPhone 4 as you're unable to update the iOS to the needed version, you may be able to get it working via jailbreaking however.

Need Help? Let's chat.