cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card issue

po
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi - I have a new credit card that I was trying to use to pay public mobile with.

I thought it was activated (I used it on an ATM but apparently also had to call a number up) but it was not. I have since activated it and successfully used it on amazon.ca - it still wont work with PM. Is there a grace period I must wait after trying it prior to activation?

5 REPLIES 5

@Bubbly100 wrote:

Some international credit cards won't work so best bet is to try another card or wait a while and re try later!

With the exception of cards from the U.S., no international credit card will work at Public Mobile.

Bubbly100

Some international credit cards won't work so best bet is to try another card or wait a while and re try later!

chelsealzl

If it's an international credit card that you have, it won't work with PM.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@po 

While you are waiting for moderator, try to add your credit card again. 

The edit function does not work.  Delete the old entry if any and add it again.

Make sure the credit card address matches on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@po wrote:

Hi - I have a new credit card that I was trying to use to pay public mobile with.

I thought it was activated (I used it on an ATM but apparently also had to call a number up) but it was not. I have since activated it and successfully used it on amazon.ca - it still wont work with PM. Is there a grace period I must wait after trying it prior to activation?

@po  Yes, if you try to add it too many times the PM system might trigger a lock that might need to be cleared by the moderator team to be able to add it. If you wish you can ask them to add it for you. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.