cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage Map

Jkeyu14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the coverage map 100% accurate? would like to know if service is available in Petawawa Ontario.

4 REPLIES 4

@Jkeyu14 wrote:

Is the coverage map 100% accurate? would like to know if service is available in Petawawa Ontario.

No coverage map is ever 100% accurate.  It is a guide only.  It's fair to say that you probably should have at least outdoor coverage in places within the coverage area on that map, but network conditions can change based on many different factors.  Those factors could include things such as:  atmospheric conditions, terrain, materials in buildings blocking signals, network capacity, localize network malfunction, etc.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can vouch that it works quite well in that area.  I was snowmobiling through there in February. 

Although I cannot say for sure it will work for you.  Depends on where you are, type of phone, etc. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Jkeyu14!

The map is very accurate but its best to do your homework before making the switch.

Find out if you have Telus and/or Bell service in your area.  If yes, then you will have good service with PM because we share the same nationwide network.  

Petawawa is fairly close to the provincial border with Quebec.  If you routinely call numbers on the Quebec side of the border, then the low priced province-wide calling plans may not be ideal and you will have to go with the Canadawide calling or consider using long distance add-ons .. this depends on your usage habits.  Also, when you go very close to the Quebec border, you may connect to the cell tower on the other side of the border and experience loss of calling if your plan only includes provincewide calling.  

Data and SMS/MMS services will work nationwide as long as you are within the area highlighted by the coverage map.

I am just giving you what I think the potential problem could be.  Feel free to ask for more info/clarifications.  

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

it should be pretty close to accurate. One thing you could do is buy a 10 day plan to test it out, and if it works for you change your plan (possibly the new promo plan). If it doesnt work then you know.

If you do try, I suggest picking a temp numberm dont port over until you're convinced 

Need Help? Let's chat.