cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a Telus SIM?

Flashdance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Folks

Since TElus owns Public Mobile, can I use a Telus SIM (New, never used) to activate on Public Mobile? Or do I have to snag a PM SIM?

4 REPLIES 4

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

@Flashdance no different from any other provider (i.e. Rogers and Fido), each entity functions separately, so you would need to get a SIM.  That's how they keep track of the active subscribers.  Suggest just going to a Walmart and buying one there.  It's the same price $10, and you can either activate there or activate yourself at home.  I recommend activating at home (it's very easy to do).  No point in waiting up to a week to have it mailed when you can just go to your nearest Walmart and buy it. 

Another benefit to activating online before Aug 8 is that, if you get a referral, you'll get an extra $25 credit to use on your first renewal in 30 days.

Also, be aware that some retail outlets are refusing to sell the SIM card alone, and require you to sign up in store (this varies from e.g. Walmart to Walmart, WOW to WOW). I'd call ahead to confirm that they'll sell you the SIM card on its own before making the trip, you could save yourself a lot of hassle.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Flashdance no different from any other provider (i.e. Rogers and Fido), each entity functions separately, so you would need to get a SIM.  That's how they keep track of the active subscribers.  Suggest just going to a Walmart and buying one there.  It's the same price $10, and you can either activate there or activate yourself at home.  I recommend activating at home (it's very easy to do).  No point in waiting up to a week to have it mailed when you can just go to your nearest Walmart and buy it. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Although PM is on Telus network, you cannot use Telus SIM to activate a PM account.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, you need a Public Mobile SIM.

You can order one here:

https://store.publicmobile.ca/collections/all

Need Help? Let's chat.