cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have Speed Test results?

altemonte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for a beta invite a few months ago, and I finally got an invite this morning. I'm thinking of switching over to Public and I'm wondering if anyone can share their speedtest.net results, or general experience with their (LTE) data speeds. I will be using an unlocked iPhone 6 if that is relevant. 

I'm located in the GTA but I'd still be interest in data speeds from other regions. Many thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For most mobile usage the latency matters more than anything IMO

tob902

@srlawren as much as it was nice to see it I really don't care that much about the speeds Google loads as fast 3mbps as it does at 300 not streaming on data that's for sure.

But again for the price it's a great service.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tob902 wrote:

@Dapsas far as speeds go to be honest again not too concerned as I am usually on WiFi and honestly for what I am now paying I am not complaining either way 😀

@tob902 yes you will likely be happy enough with it.  But the point remains: do not expect to see speed test results anywhere near that fast once the throttle kicks in on your account.  Your original post above suggested you were only satisfied because you were getting far faster speeds than you expected, so you have been warned that this is a temporary thing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tob902 wrote:

I do realize that it used up a fair junk of data, however, I am on wifi 90% of the time so going over my data is not something I am too worried about.

Everybody has a go when they first get here. Then they forget about it. Especially when they see how much data gets used.

Enjoy and welcome to Public Mobile.

tob902

@Daps as far as speeds go to be honest again not too concerned as I am usually on WiFi and honestly for what I am now paying I am not complaining either way 😀

tob902

I do realize that it used up a fair junk of data, however, I am on wifi 90% of the time so going over my data is not something I am too worried about.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tob902the throttled speed will kick in only a few days after sign-up.

@tob902 wrote:

Hey just signed up today and considering what I was expecting these speeds make the switch the best decision yet.

Screenshot_20200701-005000.png

Running these tests are not something that is reccomeneded as this single test used up more than 240MB of your data for this billing cycle.

Also, since you just joined, you should know that if you're on any plan other than the $30 1GB data-only plan, your data speeds will settle to a maximum of 3Mbps within 48 hours whenever you're connected to the LTE network.

tob902

Hey just signed up today and considering what I was expecting these speeds make the switch the best decision yet.

Screenshot_20200701-005000.png

rdhunna

Bullite

Belleville OntarioIMG_0176.PNG

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

2371309436.png

Moeb
I just switched to public mobile last night when I did speed test on LTE it's same as 3G infect my 3G speed was 2 mb faster then LTE: I thought public mobile didn't throttle there data. My download on LTE 13-14 mbs and on 3G it's 16 mbs

40MBs down, 8 MBS up from Markham

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

anyone has speed results from markham ?

@tarnyc,

8MB/sec is almost 70 Mbps per second.

That speed is not 3G 😉

tarnyc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ya Cyber, thats 3G speeds my friend. What's your device?

@chukdefatey,

Are you talking to me or DK ?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^You must have a NON LTE Device if those are your speeds.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

In Montreal and surrounding, I do 8MB/sec.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
My wife was using a i5s and now i6 and I did a few in the past but don't have anymore but having said that they were in the 20\30 mbs for upload and download (some better, some worse) here in Oakville and surrounding area. Always location dependent of course.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@altemonte,

You get the same LTE speed as a client on Telus network.

Need Help? Let's chat.