cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Maintenance May 31st

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means from Tuesday at 12:00 am (Est) to 7:00 am (Est) you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account 
  • Activate a new account

Outage.png

Please excuse us for any inconveniences. 

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great suggestions, @imm1304!  I use call fowarding to my local Fongo number while travelling in the US in the same was you describe here for UK usage and it works pretty well.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hi @nlama!

Adding to what @srlawren said, I would recommend 3 mobile while in the UK.  

You can pick up a pay as you go sim from their store once you get there and pick a 100 minutes and 3000 sms with 1GB of data for 10 pounds.  That should get you thru the week easily.

If you want more data, you can get the same deal with 12GB of data for 20 pounds.  

If you don't already have it, look into fongo app for your phone.  It will give you a free local Canadian phone number which works over data/wifi.  Then you can forward your public mobile number to your fongo number while you are away.  This way you won't miss any calls.  You will not get any sms that are sent to your PM number while you are away.  But, most people use alternate messaging apps like imessage/whatsapp/imo/viber, which should keep you connected just fine.  

Have a safe trip.  

srlawren

@nlama assuming your phone is carrier-unlocked and has at least some compatible bands for a UK-based provider, your best bet is probably to pick up a pre-paid SIM card from a UK provider and use it for the duration of your trip.  You could also look at some global providers like http://www.iroam.com/.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nlama,

Thank you for reaching out to us,

Currently, we do not offer any roaming outside of Canada. 

Please do not post any personal info as this is a public forum 😉

Have a safe trip!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

nlama
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for the update. i have another question i am travelling to London UK for one week. will i be able to use PM phone no 289***-**** over there. is there extra fees/charges to use it internationally.

Need Help? Let's chat.