cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS status in My Account

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What is the point of PM counting my SMS when they are unlimited? And, BTW, I did NOT do any 'international texting'.

Yummy_0-1702162950204.png

12 REPLIES 12

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Yummy wrote:

Why would anybody count something what is 'unlimited'? Unless somebody is curious for whatever reason of how many SMS people send/receive.

It's much less sinister than that, it's probably because PM used to have plans which allowed a limited number of SMS messages to be sent in a period.

@Gwanzi wrote:

Is there any possibility this just is background counting but PM forgets to veil it.

Even if that is correct, Why would anybody count something what is 'unlimited'? Unless somebody is curious for whatever reason of how many SMS people send/receive.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Yummy 

what plan you have?

for me, the unlimited sms and talk is no longer showing on overview page like before

I think you got that -4 message because PM supposed to take that away but somehow it is showing on your My Account still

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's an interesting explanation @Grand_Total and I think it makes sense as this is the first time I've seen this counter in my phone account today with it showing -1 texts available to me as none have been sent or received for a new cycle.  I do wonder why this seems to affect random accounts though and not all.

I should note that it does say "unlimited international text" above the counter line though.

Chrissyrioux12

25 dollar 3G plan 

Grand_Total

@LitlLdy wrote:

since the website & app blackout on Black Friday then started working again my message usage says 46 used &   -47 left & so on! 😆 Things have broken! 😬 

Software developers often use -1 as a value to represent something unlimited, in this case the number of messages you are allowed to send in a 30 day period. Normally though they don't bother decrementing that value every time a message is sent, but it appears they are which explains why after sending 46 messages you appear to have -47 left.

Chrissyrioux12

It says it’s broken error and they are working  on it 

Chrissyrioux12_0-1702217484766.png

Gwanzi

Is there any possibility this just is background counting but PM forgets to veil it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

ignore those scurrilous messages...the counter is busted I guess.

ed...I checked my account on laptop..I see similar as you. 126 used...227 left !! It's PM world !!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy , since the website & app blackout on Black Friday then started working again my message usage says 46 used &   -47 left & so on! 😆 Things have broken! 😬 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

It's odd I don't see any of that on my account. Maybe these "errors" are on specific accounts? I'm on $25 5G plan if that helps.

DeelightfulDee2

@Yummy 

If I could access my account I would like to know the answer as well if it's happening g in my account too? I wonder if new plans may drop this feature? And charge extra?

Need Help? Let's chat.