cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious call from public mobile

VicZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I got a call declaring from public mobile and verified my name (they actually got the wrong one) and then cut off. When called back the number is no longer exist. This is very suspicious and not sure what damage would do to my account.

Received phone number: +1 (647) 746-8918

let me know if this is actual public mobile number?

5 REPLIES 5

@VicZ wrote:

I usually never answers unrecognized call but was waiting for a call comes in, I felt I got trapped now, wondering what should I do to limit damage.

No real damage done this time. Nobody gained any usable info from you so you're safe. Try to not answer unknown callers.

Just block the number on your phone and you'll be good.

VicZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I usually never answers unrecognized call but was waiting for a call comes in, I felt I got trapped now, wondering what should I do to limit damage.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@VicZ 

these days, prolly best to not answer a call from number you don't know or expecting to hear from. If it's important, they can leave a message and you can call back. Once the bad guys know you'll answer a call, well...you know what happens then !  😣

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @VicZ 

I would say NO. I'm not going to call it of course but unless you're in a situation where your in the middle of porting over and there was a problem, Public Mobile will NEVER call you EVER EVER EVER! 

Need Help? Let's chat.