cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with esim

Jim12345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

26 REPLIES 26

@Jim12345 did you activate with porting and never receive incoming calls??

Try to contact a Customer Support Agent, @Jim12345 , there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Jim12345

Tried all this nothing works

fixin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jim12345 - Did you just port into Public Mobile?

If you did - try out your old providers SIM card, if you do not have access to it anymore, login with your old providers account info, and if it works, please reply.

If not, landlines can take a while to recognize your ported, and 2FA codes for SIM swapping protection.

Jim12345

No joined 3 weeks ago can’t receive calls 

@Jim12345 wrote:

Can’t receive calls

Did you just joing Public Mobile and did you ask for a number to be ported in?  Until nubmer porting has completed, calls will go to the service of your old carrier.

Jim12345

Can’t receive calls

That's not an uncommon problem, @Jim12345 

If you've tried reinstalling it on the device, and it won't allow you to, the Customer Support Agents are, regrettably, your best hope as far as I can tell.

Jim12345

I was with lucky mobile and decided to switch to public I sat up the account and paid for the month but I can’t use my phone tried to scan the QR code it doesn’t work and now it says it has trouble with the esim and I can’t make or receive calls

@Jim12345 Customer service agents' hours are 9 .am. to 10 p.m. EST so may have to wait a little while.  The handful of times I've had to contact them they've got back to me within the hour but when they're busy it reportedly can take quite a bit longer.  As @HALIMACS  said, if you can tell us your problem here we may be able to help but if something needs doing in your account then you'll need to wait for an agent.

Regretfully @Jim12345 , they've been quite busy in recent weeks due to upcoming changes which aren't so great.

Be sure to check here for their reply:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Worst case, if after 24 hours you haven't had a reply, post another ticket.

In the interim, can you let us know what the issue is - we may be able to assist.

captaincool
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usually within 24hrs.  I assume full staff during business hour 9-5 so you should receive in another 2-3hrs.  Keep checking your email.

Jim12345

How long do it usually take for someone to get back to you been almost 12 hours 

@Jim12345 make sure your account on the old provider is still active. Get the account number from them as well

Then login My Account and go to Profile page, cl9ck Transfer phone number

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-number

Hello @Jim12345 

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1711662933444.png

Chalupa_Batman_1-1711662933353.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

Chalupa_Batman_2-1711662933395.png

NOTE: Keep your old provider's SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

Created by Chalupa Batman

But if you're a new customer, it's very close to the last step when you sign up on the app. Just follow the instructions.

Jim12345
  • How can I request a port in of my number

Diafel1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same issue near Cranbrook, BC.
I've rebooted my phone to no avail, and my subscription is active and not due to renew until the 7th of April.
Given the fact that you can't call anyone for support, the website takes forever to load, and often just hangs anyway, and the fact that they are taking away the legacy rewards program, I will be switching over to something else once my subscription is up.
The only reason I put up with the crappy website and lack of support was because the deal combined with the rewards made it worth it to me.
With no real rewards anymore, it's just not worth the hassle.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your plan has limited minutes have you ran out?

@Jim12345  Are you putting a 1 infront of the contact ? Try that if not . Also have you rebooted the phone ? And can you try the SIM card in another phone to test ? Assuming you have physical SIM card and not eSIM 

Jim12345

yes but can’t make calls

@Jim12345  Is your account active ? Can you text use data ?

Check 

Outage map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

TheSterlinger

Hi @Jim12345 

Have you just joined Public Mobile or are you an existing customer?

Jim12345

can’t make calls

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Jim12345 

what was the error?

what phone you have?

you tried scan the QR code from the welcome email?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jim12345 

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

TheSterlinger

What exactly do you need help with? You can submit a ticket to a CS agent using the chatbot.

TheSterlinger_0-1711648770493.png

Need Help? Let's chat.