cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Subscription Payment

samsd1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi can someone help me please. I just changed my subscription as I realized I was paying $40/month for more than 4 years now and my plan was 6gb data and only provincial call and text. I went to change it today as I need Canada wide calling and realized that the same price ($40/month) is now offered for 20gb data and Canada wide call and text. Feel very ripped off especially as an Early customer. Anyway I changed my plan but PublicMobile already took an auto deposit from me for Aug- Oct months (total $120) which they are not refunding, they will just charge this new subscription on top of that is what it says on my account? This is so upsetting. If someone can please advise, I should not be charged an extra $80 on top of what I've already paid up to end of Oct 2023 (or should be refunded for the $80 for Sept/Oct months that was already automatically processed.

Thank you for your help. 

15 REPLIES 15

HI @samsd1 

you can always reverse the solution if you want.  

But to help others in similar situation, if the poster didn't pick a solution, Oracle will help to pick the best one for you

As to the plan, like home tv, home phone, car lease, there could be better one out there, cheaper one, you just need to shop and make the change yourself

You have no issue. Providers don't just change your plan on their own unless they want more money for it. Never on their own to give you more features for the same price. Simply doesn't happen. Why would they? It's up to you to keep abreast of new plan offerings from time to time.
I agree, get the $5 500 minute Canada-wide and then run out your current plan (apparently you've made do with the amount of data in it) and schedule the change plan for your next renewal to one that is of more value to you. Or not.

@samsd1 forum staff will accept solutions at times when the OP doesn't.

What is outstanding, out of curiosity? All the the pertinent info is in the various responses in this thread. You may not like the answer, but the facts are here. About all you can do beyond this is the contact staff privately to see if they'll make an exception, but I wouldn't bank on it if I were you.

@samsd1 Go to the post that has the solution and tap the down arrow by the time stamp and you can mark not excepted solution and re assign it to whom ever helped you .

samsd1

why was this accepted as a solution? I dont understand how this community works. Shouldn't I be accepting a solution to my own issue not someone else on my behalf? For the record my issue has not been resolved.

samsd1

yes its very old from 2017. Its 40/month but it was 90 day plan so i would prepay (auto) every three months in advance. i did consider adding on but when i saw these new plans available i was very upset to learn that i could have had these additions to my plan all along. so dont think i should be paying anytihng extra at this point (especially as an early customer). i've reached out to an "agent" to see if they can help. Thanks again!

@samsd1  Just buy a long distance add on for $5 bucks tide you over until next renewal 

samsd1

im not "implying" anything. I have been with PM since 2017 and this is the plan i have had since then. thanks for your response.

@samsd1 Your plan doesn't include Canada wide calling? It must he really old. Can you post a screenshot of your plan details? You mentioned an October expiry, but also you keep saying $40/month.

Have you considered buying a long distance add-on to get you by until the end of your cycle? And do you by chance have a Christmas long distance bonus from past years available?

samsd1

thanks that's what i was looking for to contact an agent, not very easy to find it but i did, i have reached out and hoping they can rectify. thank you. 

samsd1

yes but i am out of province now and need canada wide calling, i went in to make an "add on" and then realized how much i have been losing out on having been paying 40/month for 4+ years for a very bad deal while others are paying same for much better ( i dont want to wait another two months, and i need canada wide calling at this time). 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

The $40/6GB plan sounds like the 4G offer from last summer, before the $40/15GB plan came out. You sure you've been on that plan for 4 years? And then you imply you're in a 90 day plan later in your post? You must have changed at some point.

Unfortunately if you wish to change plans you either need to schedule it for the end of your cycle or forgo anything you've prepaid already. There are no partial refunds, unfortunately. And PM won't typically change your plan on you, you'd need to watch the plans and do that yourself. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @samsd1 

so, you were on a 90 days plan before where you had the $40/month old plan?

usually PM won't do anything, but if you just started the new plan and you used "Change Now" by mistakes, maybe PM agent can help.  Please submit a ticket with them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you've already paid, do NOT change it to start right away. You can pick to have it start at the end of the billing cycle that way you won't lose any money. Public Mobile is pre paid and does not pro rate their accounts.

You can try to reach a customer service agent and tell them you meant to have it start at the end of the billing cycle and it may help but it's their call.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain what happened.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@samsd1  This is why it recommended to change plan on renewal and not immediately or you lose money on your current cycle  PM is pre paid and no refunds 

Need Help? Let's chat.