cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating free roaming on $34/month 5G 50GB plan

HootieG88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to confirm if I have to turn on roaming or not to use my phone freely while in the US. Is roaming just for data? People in Canada can still call my phone number while I’m in the US and I can make calls back to Canada all for free?

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Even though it's included in your plan, it's still roaming, so YES you need to turn it on.

And to clarify, data roaming is just for data, as indicated in the name of the setting. Calls and texts don't need it on, but MMS would. You also need to set your Network Selection to Automatic, and it's also recommended to set your Preferred Network to 4G/LTE (vs 5G) because AT&T 5G doesn't work for PM customers when roaming.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@HootieG88 

Only if you have the Canada/USA plan with roaming enabled.

If you are just on the Canada plan, you need to purchase USA Roaming bundles.

IMG_0148.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HootieG88 wrote:

Trying to confirm if I have to turn on roaming or not to use my phone freely while in the US. Is roaming just for data? People in Canada can still call my phone number while I’m in the US and I can make calls back to Canada all for free?

Turn ON Roaming Data for use while in US. Otherwsie that plan works just the same in US as here. Good plan for Cdn/US travellers. Calls to Canada and US while in US.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @HootieG88 with this plan, you still need to turn on roaming and connect to either T-Mobile or At&t for the service. But it is free, included in the plan

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Yes. Turn on roaming. And yes, people can call you from Canada and you'll still get calls and texts. And you can use the 50GB of data while down there. Even people in the US who are calling your Canadian number will still reach you. When there, just go into network settings, choose T-Mobile as the provider and reboot. You'll be up and running.

Need Help? Let's chat.