Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Porting number

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
GinYVR

@GinYVR wrote:

@computergeek541The technical term for chargeback without first notifying or working out with the merchant is known as "friendly fraud".

That is so pathetically ignorant. I am denied the use of my celll phone for 3 days because the PM software can't port two numbers from one account, and I am supposed to pay for the service? No way - I don't roll over like you do. I have had merchant credit card accounts, and I lived in fear of customers who did charge-backs. If I got too many charge-backs, I could get my account suspended, or pay a higher processing fee. It is always best to keep your customers happy.

Do you really think it is "fraud" for to charge back $3.50 for 3 days lost service? Are you out of your mind? Do you think the RCMP is going to show up and charge me for fraud? You just don't have a clue what you are talking about. 

Of course nobody should let these clowns take their sweet time responding to legitimate beefs from a customer. I don't care what they put in the TOS - what matters is that I have notified them, I have waited 15 days, and I present a resonable claim to my credit card company. If I do all of that - and I guarantee you I will - they will have to pay. If they don't like it, they will have to burn up their own managment time to dispute the $3.50 charge back. Either way, I win.

And you - what on earth are you trying to accomplish, by accusing a customer who is sitting here with no service, and getting now help - and saying we don't have a right to use the tools at hand in self defence? Who appointed you the Barney Fife of the forum? Go away, stay away.
7 REPLIES 7

thread moved to Lounge

aridShrub

GinYVR
@GinYVR wrote:

Now I will just assume @aridShrub and @ShrubLady are the same person having different personalities..There is actually an industry that deals with that.. this company is the leader Here is the wiki definition of "Friendly Fraud" aka "Chargeback Fraud".

You are talking about my family member- and accusing me of fraud - you better watch your back. Why would you do that? Don't you realize you put yourself in jeapordy, for nothing? What  is wrong with you?

I read the wiki article - it applies to people who are trying to cheat a merchant. It does not apply to this scenerio; where a merchant has a faulty web site and is charging me and not doing what they promise to do. It is not your affair, and don't accuse people of "fraud" - you can get sued. Both accounts are legit accounts, both are different people, both are associated with subscriber email addresses.

There are lots of users who are complaining about these long wait times - they should be informed that they have rights to dispute the charges with their own credit card companies - how to do it - we should fight back, not be wimps such as yourself. Go away.

@ShrubLady wrote:
GinYVR

@GinYVR wrote:

Now I will just assume @aridShrub and @ShrubLady are the same person having different personalities..There is actually an industry that deals with that.. this company is the leaderHere is the wiki definition of "Friendly Fraud" aka "Chargeback Fraud".

You are talking about my family member- and accusing me of fraud - you better watch your back. Why would you do that? Don't you realize you put yourself in jeapordy, for nothing? What  is wrong with you?

I read the wiki article - it applies to people who are trying to cheat a merchant. It does not apply to this scenerio; where a merchant has a faulty web site and is charging me and not doing what they promise to do. It is not your affair, and don't accuse people of "fraud" - you can get sued. Both accounts are legit accounts, both are different people, both are associated with subscriber email addresses.

There are lots of users who are complaining about these long wait times - they should be informed that they have rights to dispute the charges with their own credit card companies - how to do it - we should fight back, not be wimps such as yourself. Go away.

I have never seen such a fool.

ShrubLady
GinYVR

@GinYVR wrote:

Now I will just assume @aridShrub and @ShrubLady are the same person having different personalities..There is actually an industry that deals with that.. this company is the leaderHere is the wiki definition of "Friendly Fraud" aka "Chargeback Fraud".

ShrubLady

@aridShrub wrote:
ShrubLady

@ShrubLady wrote:

Wow I never seen anybody get so destroyed! Way to go Arid - my hero!

GinYVR
@GinYVR wrote:

@computergeek541The technical term for chargeback without first notifying or working out with the merchant is known as "friendly fraud".

That is so pathetically ignorant. I am denied the use of my celll phone for 3 days because the PM software can't port two numbers from one account, and I am supposed to pay for the service? No way - I don't roll over like you do. I have had merchant credit card accounts, and I lived in fear of customers who did charge-backs. If I got too many charge-backs, I could get my account suspended, or pay a higher processing fee. It is always best to keep your customers happy.

Do you really think it is "fraud" for to charge back $3.50 for 3 days lost service? Are you out of your mind? Do you think the RCMP is going to show up and charge me for fraud? You just don't have a clue what you are talking about. 

Of course nobody should let these clowns take their sweet time responding to legitimate beefs from a customer. I don't care what they put in the TOS - what matters is that I have notified them, I have waited 15 days, and I present a resonable claim to my credit card company. If I do all of that - and I guarantee you I will - they will have to pay. If they don't like it, they will have to burn up their own managment time to dispute the $3.50 charge back. Either way, I win.

And you - what on earth are you trying to accomplish, by accusing a customer who is sitting here with no service, and getting now help - and saying we don't have a right to use the tools at hand in self defence? Who appointed you the Barney Fife of the forum? Go away, stay away.

GinYVR
@GinYVR wrote:

Wow this thread is so impressive, I have never so many losers, and here is finally someone who can stand up and not take it from thise bad actor. Why on earth would anyone try to defend them, or to attack a user who is a victim? Makes no sense. 

Keep it up Arid - like your name by the way!

aridShrub
ShrubLady

@ShrubLady wrote:

GinYVR
@GinYVR wrote:

GinYVR
@GinYVR wrote:

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

ShrubLady

GinYVR
@GinYVR wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.