cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How safe do you feel in your area (covid safe)?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With the cases going up in across globe and even here in Canada I would like to start a discussion on how safe you feel in your area. 

Im from the province of Quebec and we are about to go in a more serious lockdown than before. right now all restaurants have been closed for dine in, gyms and other recreational activities have been shut down. Stores like costco and walmart can only sell essential items like food. We can't buy clothes or boots. Our premier will be making an announcement sometime today about the even stricter rules. 

I know Ontario is in pretty much the same boat with some differences. 

That being said I feel pretty safe in my area 8/10 because yes there are quite a few cases in my area but we are careful when we go out to stores. Although I do find that costco is cleaner and more attentive to cleanliness than others. 

40 REPLIES 40

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@stevenanto 

Yes, I agree.  8 pm is way too early!

Hang in there and stay safe ...

stevenanto

@Jovi it was a very different Christmas that’s for sure. 

So our first night of curfew started last nights and the police were patrolling the streets with their lights. Friends on social media were hammering each other. The 8pm curfew is kind of early for most. Should’ve made it for 9. And our economy is most likely going to tank soon enough lol

Jovi

We aren’t allowed to have anyone over to our homes either.  Over the holidays, friends and family dropped off gifts on the porch and left, like FedEx! LOL

Yes, school are open over here.

Take good care 🙂

stevenanto

@will13am I just saw that today the province got over 4000 cases mainly coming from Toronto. I get what you are saying, if you are careful with what you do and how you do it, you should be fine. 

It also some stores I chose to no longer go to because I find that they just aren't clean enough. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The GTA is the biggest hotspot in the entire country.  However, I do not feel any major concerns about getting infected.  Covid risk is not entirely driven by active case counts in the locale.  It is all about individual conduct.  That said, I think the bigger risk are other health factors that have been pushed to the backburner by covid.  

stevenanto

@Jovi You are lucky you can actually meet others. Since before dec11th we were not allowed to have any guests over at our house and that will continue until February 11th. Only single people are allowed to visit the same family bubble during this time. 

I remember when it first started BC was getting hit bad but then they took good care of it, which is not the case here in QC. He now also closed all places of worship but you are allowed to have up to 10 people at your funeral and 37 kids in a high school class. How do that make any sense?

Are schools closed in your area?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

BC has over 700 new cases today, masks on in public places, restriction extended to Fabray.

Jovi

I live in Vancouver and feel very safe.  We have a travel ban and limited amount of folks we can socialize with which isn’t much fun but it’s a cake compared to what’s happening out your way!

Be safe and well 🙂

stevenanto

@ElizabethButt82 I wish I was there, we are really in the thick of it. Our premier just announced a sort of tougher one month lockdown last night. 

8pm curfew, anyone outside can get a 1200 to 6000$ fine

essentials only sold in sotres

grocery stores close at 730pm

people forced to work from home

however schools will still be open...go figure. 

ElizabethButt82

I live in Newfoundland where there's currently 9 active cases. I feel relatively safe here but I only go out when absolutely necessary. 

Need Help? Let's chat.