cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email setup

andlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you setup your email? I know that you go to setting but how or why do you arrange it.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need an email app on your phone which you probably already have. You'll need an email inbox from an isp or a web service like gmail, yahoo etc. You need to connect to the internet either by wifi or your cell data. You need to set up the app to access your email inbox. Then you'll be downloading email onto your device. You can set up just email subject lines to lower your data consumption. You can set up not to download images to lower your data consumption. You should look for secure access methods beyond just plain old pop that passes unencrypted credentials through the internet. ie...wifi in a coffee shop.

Usually these apps would have an auto-save. Usually these apps would ask for a confirmation to delete. Usually these apps have those as settable options.

Anyway...there's a wall of text for you to enjoy. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andlock okay so you're setting up email using the default email app on your iPhone and iPad.  Please see here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201320

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

andlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would set my email right so I would not make mistakes unnecessary. I think that notification, when you would save and when to delete, how you can link, just general things you do that will make it easier. I have a iPhone SE and a ipad.

thanks for the help

@srlawren wrote:

@esjliv that's not at all what @andlock is asking.

@andlock you're going to need to give us more info.  What phone are you using, and what email app are you trying to set up?

Hi @srlawren, you may be very well correct!

I did notice @andlock was a Community member for about 1 year, and thought maybe was just looking to active with PM now. But, I will admit, I took a hunch on what OP was looking for with the info. given.

Hopefully, OP has figured it out.  🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@andlock are you speaking about verifying your email in your community account? if you do this you will be able to receive notifications from the community to your email

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv that's not at all what @andlock is asking.

@andlock you're going to need to give us more info.  What phone are you using, and what email app are you trying to set up?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @andlock ,

Information Needed To Create A Self-Serve Account

To create your Self-Serve account, you will need:

• A valid email address (within 30 characters long): if you ordered your SIM card online or already have a Community account, we recommend using the same email address you used for those. Your Community and Self-Serve email addresses must match in order to earn Community Rewards.
  • Your Public Mobile phone number.

Here is how to set up a SELF SERVE account:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account

Need Help? Let's chat.