cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FRAUDULENT phone number ported to Public Mobile this morning - NEED IT SUSPENDED

I am a BELL mobile customer that had my phone number fraudulently ported today to Public Mobile. I need someone to get my phone number SUSPENDED from Public Mobile while Bell is working on getting that number ported back to Bell.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: FRAUDULENT phone number ported to Public Mobile this morning - NEED IT SUSPENDED

@AngryBELLCX wrote:

I am a BELL mobile customer that had my phone number fraudulently ported today to Public Mobile. I need someone to get my phone number SUSPENDED from Public Mobile while Bell is working on getting that number ported back to Bell.

@AngryBELLCX  Contact moderators asap: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Highlighted

Re: FRAUDULENT phone number ported to Public Mobile this morning - NEED IT SUSPENDED

@AngryBELLCX Contact the moderators (customer service) directly by private message here  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@AngryBELLCX wrote:

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngryBELLCX  I am going to recommend a way of getting a more immediate response from a moderator due to your special circumstances. I will send you a private message please read it. Your private message box is the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngryBELLCX wrote:

I am a BELL mobile customer that had my phone number fraudulently ported today to Public Mobile.

@AngryBELLCX  Unfortunately that happens a lot. One needs to be vigilant in protecting their information and privacy.

I need someone to get my phone number SUSPENDED from Public Mobile while Bell is working on getting that number ported back to Bell.

I don't think that anyone at PM will be able to help as they will not suspend an account unless you can prove that you are the account holder. Your best bet is for Bell to get it back. There is a Telus porting number that you can call to see if they can help or make any recommendations on next steps:

Call 1-877-868-3587

Good luck!!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi

You should have Bell get the number back

Did the port complete or is it in process?

It happened before that people mistyped their number when porting (and probably give the rightful owner minor heartattack) but they usually notice the wrong number showing and initiate the new port. 

If Bell actually released the number, that means correct info was given and you may assume it's fraud, contact your bank and credit card company asap

Best luck

Highlighted

I've been on phone with Bell and Telus/PM all morning.  Bell did not release the phone number - it is fraudulent activity. Telus claims they can't do anything because it's PM and PM doesn't have an actual phone numbers to speak to a live person to rectify the issue - very circular in trying to get it resolved from the PM Telus side.

appreciate your response, though.

Highlighted

Already read your PM. I've contacted a Moderator already. Thx.

Highlighted

@AngryBELLCX  Please do keep us updated - would be interested to see how it ultimately gets resolved. Good luck! 👍 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AngryBELLCX wrote:

I've been on phone with Bell and Telus/PM all morning.  Bell did not release the phone number - it is fraudulent activity. Telus claims they can't do anything because it's PM and PM doesn't have an actual phone numbers to speak to a live person to rectify the issue - very circular in trying to get it resolved from the PM Telus side.

appreciate your response, though.

@AngryBELLCX  If Bell did not release the number then what is the problem? In order for the PM customer to have access to your number and being able to receive calls and/or texts then Bell must have released the number to PM.