cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Post Work Stoppage- SIM Order Process has Changed

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Note: As of October 18, 2016 the below process is no longer in effect. To check out the new process, click here. 

Hey Community,

As you know, in order to be prepared for the possibility of a Canada Post work stoppage, we made some changes to the SIM card ordering process. The change to charge customers $10 (with a rebate upon activation) for a SIM card was initiated by the strike possibility, however we discovered something very interesting. When the SIM cards were available without charge, only 60% were being activated after they were received. When we changed the process and started to charge and rebate the $10 for the SIM card, the percentage being activated increased significantly. There’s something to be said about having a bit of skin in the game which is why we have decided that, for now, we will continue to charge $10 per SIM with a rebate upon activation.

As a reminder, here is a summary of how the new process works:

• Order the SIM card online (as per the usual process).

• There will be a charge for courier shipping. However, the shipping charges will be rebated to the method of payment you used to pay the shipping charges. Please note that we now offer PayPal as a payment option.

• To request your rebate, email rebate@publicmobile.ca with your SIM order number and your Public Mobile phone number. We’ll issue your rebate to the same method of payment for the shipping charges within 7 days of the email being received.

For any other questions, please contact us here [https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help] or message one of our Public Mobile Moderators here on the Community.

Thanks!

Public Mobile Community team

167 REPLIES 167

@kav2001c @stonechucker This anooucement post is updated. Read the first post. 

Yes, I too would like to know where this announcement is.  Please provide a link, I have been searching all day, and haven't found it yet.

@Scouser wrote:
They are not taking $10 charge away regardless of no strike they made announcement stating they found more cards would be activated when charged so they are stayinf with charge think its BS myself

Announcement where? @Scouser

In meantime you can still trade "useless junk" for a SIM card

Better than paying $10 lol

Scouser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
They are not taking $10 charge away regardless of no strike they made announcement stating they found more cards would be activated when charged so they are stayinf with charge think its BS myself

So, as it appears that there will not be a work stoppage, when will PM return to no-charge, regular postal service delivery?

i want to get a few SIMs for possible referrals, however at $10/SIM, it's not an easy wait for the refund.

chreds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@TroyDaBes wrote:

What are they using during Canada Post strike?

I believe they were using Purolator from other peoples' comments.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's a good news for PM. I support this decision.

Kayfun101
Canada post priority mail

TroyDaBes

What are they using during Canada Post strike?

chreds

Echoing sentiment here: Please switch back to using Canada Post.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Nikitty

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Although you do not have an active account, you can still send us an email. Simply enter a dummy phone number & SIM card number in the required field, and we will receive the email.

You are also able to send me or Shazia_K a private message. You're actually able to send us a message 24 hours a day, but we will respond during hours of operation.

**You can order a SIM card from our website. The 10$ shipping fee will be refunded within 7 business days.

Cheers!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Nikitty

Hello,

I'm looking at OP's message and it says:  For any other questions, Contact Us or message one of our Public Mobile Moderators here on the Community.

There is no way to contact you via email about this issue - i have to type in my phone # and SIM card - but I don't have a SIM card because i'm trying to get one!  I also cannot PM a moderator because none of you have that option on.  I've written to OP and a few other mods but get this message:

One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.

Can someone from Public Mobile please PM me about this issue?  I would just like an update as to when you are planning to change the shipping back to regular mail.  I really don't want to deal with paying courier charges and having to ask for it back.  so far the customer service has been lacking and it's not instilling much confidence.

Vtan
I been wait for that over.. so I could order a new sim

4siu

totally agree! PM should have regular mail service for shipping sim card again.Smiley Mad

Spoiler

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Scouser wrote:

Canada Post Strike no longer an issue therefor courier charges should not be applied.

It is only tentative right now ... the union members need to vote on it. 

Nikitty

Can someone explain why the shipping hasn't been updated yet?  I am trying to order a SIM card and have been trying to do so for the last few days and no change!  I don't want the hassle of having to write in again to get these courier charges reversed.  I know the service is no frills here but this is honestly ridiculous!

Scouser

Canada Post Strike no longer an issue therefor courier charges should not be applied.

SaintMike
I e-mailed PM two days ago and got my rebate today.

Thank you!

Kayfun101
Can we order now please more SIM cards Canada post is done striking please I want to help spread the service out west here

schrutesbybeet
Received my sim card within the next business day and rebate was processed within hours. Thanks! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Vtan,

You can go ahead and order now.  You will have to pay $10 up front, but after activating the card, you can email for a credit to your account, as per the very start of this thread:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Canada-Post-Strike/m-p/57464/highlight/t...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kayfun101
This one could go for a while so best option is to wait and see or order one they sent mine Canada post priority mail so just put in your fiscal address or Facebook them send a private massage to pm thru there they are open today so go do it ok hope this helps you make a choice have a great day

Vtan

how long Canada post on strike gouing to be? i want to order a new Sim card

Kayfun101

it was gonna regardless so now purolator takes over if i need more then one sim card is there a way to order more thru purolator or if there is anyone here that i could pay the shipping for it in advance so i can help my family save as well on services

72 hours notice has been given 😞

Kayfun101
Well update a hour ago Canada post is warning for a 72 hour notice to strike come tomorrow here is the press release guys hope this helps

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca/news/2898345/canada-post-union-tells-members-to-get-ready-as...

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @PingMetal

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I will be glad to ship you a new SIM card, can you please send me the following info via private message: 

- Your full name

- Complete mailing address

- Email address

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @PingMetal!

Sorry to hear that your sim never reached.  I will alert our moderators @Mary_M and @Shazia_K to help you with this.  

PingMetal

Hello,

I would like to inform you that I ordered a SIM card and paid for shipping on July 2nd and received a confirmation of shipping on July 5th, but unfortunately never got the SIM card in my mailbox. Can I get a refund?

Thank you in advance,

Need Help? Let's chat.