cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Text Message Issues for Recently Ported Numbers

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 9:00AM ET 15/05/2024]: A solution for this issue has been successfully implemented last night. Any customer who experienced issues with their SMS service after transferring their number should now have their service fully restored. 

Please note that moving forward, customers transferring their number from another provider may need to wait up to 1 hour after the transfer for SMS services to be fully initiated.

--

Hello Community,

We want to address a current issue some of our customers are experiencing. After porting their phone numbers to Public Mobile, a few customers have reported not receiving text messages. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Immediate Solution:

If you've recently ported your number to us and are facing issues with receiving or sending texts, please contact a Customer Support Agent directly via our chatbot. Our agents are equipped to apply a fix that should resolve the issue promptly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth experience for everyone affected. We will keep you updated on our progress.

- The Public Mobile Team

149 REPLIES 149

RoroP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SMS problem solved. Kudos to the agent, Razvan, for this.  It involved a backend account network reset or similar. PM needs to attend to this multi client system issue to prevent bad press/postings per below and needless loss of clients.

Madi-B

Good luck to the rest of you.  I have all my numbers ported off to Bell - simple and just "worked".  No futzing about, no BS, no trouble.

Now - the downside, is PM will NOT refund any of my costs for the 3 failed services that I bought from them.  I guess from the perspective of Telus/PM - it's a good model.  They collect $ and don't deliver what is promised, the customer leaves and they don't have to refund any money.  So - they get 3xMonthly cost in revenue - delivered a portion of the promissed service for 2 days, cost me a day of my life and about 12 messages to support (who really try I think?) and I get the expense of $ and time to move the services elsewhere, where it just works.

This is the WORST technology experience of my life and until/if I receive my refund - I will use any and all avenues to communicate how shady and crappy this experience has been.

Now - tip to PM - if you can't provision a line properly because of a known problem, and are relying on a consumer to log a ticket - and you are dependent on your army of support folks to fix each line one by one - you need to do a couple things differently.

Either simply - batch/auto perform the tasks, or stop taking new subscriptions until your provisioning systems work properly.

RoroP

SMS is the key issue.  I already sent a message to the support agent.

Also having problems with vmail.  Calls from a cell phone (from a mobile on PM and a mobile on Koodo) don't go to vmail, but does go to vmail from a Rogers home phone.  This is minor compared to SMS, but welcome all fix suggestions.

HI @RoroP 

was it just SMS or other issue too?  if SMS, please message support agent

if other issues, share and we will try to help

RoroP

Adding on ...

My partner ported-in from Koodo - No issues (all Telus).

I ported-in from Rogers - Disaster. 

Assuming there is a carrier related port-in issue, it would be good for PM to keep clients and prospective clients informed.

RoroP

Ported-in my number yesterday. No SMS and voice operation is not fully working also. Can't login without SMS code.  Can's use other services without SMS validation. Wow. Hugely disappointing!!!  A critical issue with no solution for 2 weeks? Sent a private message via community for assistance. Waiting for response but not too positive on resolution based on many other replies.  Common PM - 2 weeks with a critical issue and scant progress updates.

Backira2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Already in the process of porting out to freedom. Hope PM won't exist and I hope everyone ports out 

Madi-B

I'm porting out all 3 lines I ported in to public mobile on the weekend.  What a terrible waste of money and time.  2 of the 3 lines started working properly yesterday, and then this morning, both stopped working on imessage again.  So - that's 3 out of 3 that don't work.

I'm off to Bell - got a sweet deal for $45/m for 100Gb...

KristineK

That happened with my daughter’s phone, but she had gotten the eSIM, I told her to just get a physical sim and voila, issue resolved for her. 

Backira2024

I'm already in the process of porting out. Hope PM won't exist 🙂 soon. 

PurpleButterfly

Shout out to Carlos in CS who fixed my texting issue. Submitted a ticket and in just under an hour, received an email to reboot the phone.  Everything is working perfectly now. Great job Carlos!

KevinRH

Did you check the settings/addresses under iMessage? I am not sure if you are on an iPhone but you may need to add the number to your Phone setting or disable and re-enable the iMessage app. This could trigger adding the phone number to the iMessage app. You may have to do that for FaceTime, too. 

There is a setting on your AppleID to make sure your phone number is associated with your AppleID. I had to manually do that on a few phones... I ported 4 lines into this mess but they are working properly now.

Backira2024

I asked them something cs agent didn't bother to answer even though they fixed the sms issue. Porting out shortly to a better network with a proper customer service department 

ninob

Argh this is so frustrating. I'm about to switch to another network. Never had this problem with anyone else

vial_solution

A CS agent said they made a change in their end and asked me to reset mobile network settings and restart my phone. Didn't work - still cannot send or receive texts. I hope that wasn't the only trick they had in their playbook because now what?

XT90Allis

I have a Samsung S9,  i go to general management, reset, reset network settings. I know it makes one nervous doing it. But it worked for me immediately. 

If you have a different device maybe try the following 

so reset your network settings Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I hope this works for you. 

All the best

Taleb

how do you reset network? 

What network to reset?

XT90Allis

I reset my network and now am able to send and receive SMS texts

Mimipanda

I'm still having this issue. Will we be refunded for this.

Mu_Ker

Need help immediately on messages to receive verification codes. Thanks!

Ram0101

Hi, I am still unable to send and receive text messages

Madi-B

Ported 3 lines Saturday and Sunday.  Today - all 3 lines are suffering the iMessage activation issue.

I've created tickets for support - and crickets.  I get that Customer Support is busy - but if all ported numbers are a problem - support should be able to figure out what IMEI # are iphones and which ones aren't.  Why couldn't a proactive approach be applied where they do a programatic batch every couple/three hours....

2 of my 3 lines had to take the day off today because they can't get into work systems, as they require an SMS OTP challenge.

We've done all the suggested steps.  Reset network settings, log out and log back into icloud.  Turn off imessage, turn it back on, remove the number, added it back.

I desperately need help in fixing this, or figuring out how to port out.

We can't port elsewhere as none of these three lines can receive the porting SMS message.

So frustating!

I'm porting out elsewhere. Even chatr has a customer service mobile number. PM is going downhill. Not recommended service at all.

Dawn-Marie

What a frustrating experience this is so far

Ported from Zoomer on Friday, challenges porting the number but things started to work on Friday night

Phone currently works for all types of calls (incoming and outgoing) and iMessages between other iPhones...but it cannot get SMS/MMS from non-iPhone phones

This is a huge issues as none to the two-tier authentication services will work right now ☹️

Its weird...when I look under "phone" it does not show a phone number...this is so bizarre

We opened I ticket on Friday...i got a message last night on how to change a bunch of APN settings, but when I look on the phone only one of the things I was told to change is listed in the cellular section.

What a disaster this support system is...wife is ready to kill me...what a mothers day.

Tridus

If you can't receive incoming calls on your ported phone number, that's a number porting issue. They assign you a temporary number until yours is ported over, but if that doesn't happen then the calls are going to the wrong place.

That's a bit different from the text message issue, which was happening even when incoming calls were working and the port completed successfully.

valdotdev

am able to call but only outgoing. I don't think this is an isolated case on mine. The fact that the issue here is having trouble after the porting process. Thank you for messaging me the number though but CS already helped me resolve my issue and as far as I can tell, the people here that also resolved their's received the same steps/ instructions to fix it. Basically requesting to refresh and port the number again.

I appreciate the help though 🙂

KatWill

A PM user since January, iPhone user and I cannot get a sms verification text when trying to activate Whatsapp. Unable to send the sms code. I have watched every youtube video and followed all instructions/fixes/recommendations to no avail. Last resort is a Network reset at PM's end. Hopefully my ticket gets answered and the issue fixed, seems many posts here with sms issues and PM's network.. I will be at my wits end if a reset doesn't fix the issue. Funny thing is two other iPhone users in the home on different cell providers have no issues.

Well, it was said Ticket is the CORRECT way to ask for assistance. And Only if it is broken to reach by direct mail.

SaySay1

Thank you for this link!

Hi @SaySay1 

don't use ChatBot, instead open ticket by direct message 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.