cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Text Message Issues for Recently Ported Numbers

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 9:00AM ET 15/05/2024]: A solution for this issue has been successfully implemented last night. Any customer who experienced issues with their SMS service after transferring their number should now have their service fully restored. 

Please note that moving forward, customers transferring their number from another provider may need to wait up to 1 hour after the transfer for SMS services to be fully initiated.

--

Hello Community,

We want to address a current issue some of our customers are experiencing. After porting their phone numbers to Public Mobile, a few customers have reported not receiving text messages. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Immediate Solution:

If you've recently ported your number to us and are facing issues with receiving or sending texts, please contact a Customer Support Agent directly via our chatbot. Our agents are equipped to apply a fix that should resolve the issue promptly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth experience for everyone affected. We will keep you updated on our progress.

- The Public Mobile Team

172 REPLIES 172

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@coffee98 , @syrupflow - Please contact CS_Agent for help regaining SMS service:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714868285815.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

coffee98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can someone fix mine too it’s not working for me 

syrupflow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could someone please fix this for me ASAP? I can not log in to any services as I need text authentication to work.

NaomiCallaghan

Good to know!

Thank you

Smoothgarl

Thank you really appreciate it 

@Smoothgarl  You can use this direct link to support instead 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Smoothgarl 

please open to ticket with support by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there  

Smoothgarl

I am having the same issue. I can't even login to my account either. I just transfer my phone number from chatr to public. Because the fact I'm unable to access my account, I can't contact support in the chatbot. 

fixin1

@James076 - Honestly, Public Mobile is going to the McDonald's Ice Cream Machine maintenance stuff of being broken when you need it. There is an announcement of that issue also 😶

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-FaceTime-Features/td-p/1180057

https://mcbroken.com  

James076

I tried to add my phone # to my iCloud account and it says "This Phone Number Cannot be Used by iMessage and FaceTime. You must have a SIM associated with an apple device for 1 (437) xxx-xxxx to be used for iMessage and FaceTime."  I literally just bought a SIM from Public Mobile last week, so clearly something wrong from PM end!

Darren632
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't send or receive pictures 

SarahHarb

Experiencing this issue also. Switched my number from Virgin Prepaid to PM. My phone number won't save on iMessage and same thing that is happening to James076 is happening to me. I see that replies are from weeks ago to this post, I don't have weeks to not get text messages, there needs to be an immediate fix. Should I get a physical SIM? I just started my account on the 29th of April but really considering switching back to somewhere else already because I rely on my number. I tried everything I can find online, do MODs actually respond? 

iMessage isnt working either because I need to connect my number, but I cant receive the Apple SMS text because my number can't be reached. Need help!

James076

I am having the same issue. Moved a # from Rogers to PM, and in iMessage and FaceTime, the "activation unsuccessful", and when trying to add the phone # to iMessage, it is constantly "Verifying...".  I sent in the # and IMEI etc. via the ticket, but it didn't specifically ask what the issue was in the ticket.  I've spent hours trying to resolve, please help.

Dblatter

I am one of these customers that had issues. I was not able to enter my phone number under settings which probably cased the issue.  I have an iphone 11 and could not receive SMS, but imessages, then the other way around and then no messages at all. I opened a ticket last night. Later my login name and IMEI was required. They did something on their end and after that I was able to receive SMS again (no imessage yet). I let them know through the same ticket and I received the following: 1.Go to Settings> Messages> Disable iMessages
2.Go to settings> General> Transfer or Reset iphone> Reset>Reset network settings>Enter the passcode> Reset
4.Allow the phone to restart ; 5.Enable iMessages again.  I did this and it seems to work (I see my phone number under setting, phone even though I did not enter it!)

Hmnguyen

Yes, me also.

JimmyL222

Thank you, I managed to get a hold of the customer support and they did a refresh from their end which fixed my text issue.

fixin1

@JimmyL222 - You can contact them here:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714603335490.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

JimmyL222

I'm having this exact issue.. havent received any text for past 2 weeks. I tried the chat bot but it just reply Our support is all online. If the chat or help articles didn't answer your question or you need account-related support, you can connect with a Customer Support Agent...

Where can I contact the  actual  agent?

fixin1

@Hmnguyen - They don't usually announce anywhere but the help articles, the community, the website (Rare) and SMS (Also rare)

Hmnguyen

Should've announce on the activation process also.

fixin1

Thanks @Ck_PM !

We will be sure to note that! Glad that most of the community members figured out that CS_Agent can help with that!

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Three weeks later, still no fix. Horrible experience for those affected.

Need Help? Let's chat.