cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

RobertVSB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed to a plan that included both Canada and U.S services but I’m not able to connect to public mobile services, it defaults to other services when turning on data roaming. I’m not sure if the plan allows me to use data roaming without fees.

7 REPLIES 7

Leave it on. There are never any extra charges on Public Mobile anyway, so it will make it more seamless when you go back and forth.

Note that AT&T 5G doesn't work though, so it's best to set your preferred network to 4G/LTE when in the US.

hi @KZ1964 in US, you definitely need that turned on for roaming to work

In Canada, you cam leave it off.  .  However, leave it on won't hurt either, but not necessary 

KZ1964
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering with the Canada / US plan do you switch on data roaming while only in the US or Canada too

@RobertVSB   Yes you must turn on data roaming, not to worry, it's included in the plan.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @RobertVSB 

Have you tried to reboot your phone? Also, if you've picked the Can/US plan, don't worry, there are no roaming fees. It's all included. I had this plan a month ago and went wild in the US on it. Did a TON of FaceTime on my iPhone. Didn't cost any extra.

Are you in the US right now? Also, what phone do you have?

RobertVSB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m not able to connect unless I turn on data roaming, is that alright?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RobertVSB   Are you in the USA?  If so you should connect to AT&T or T-Mobile.   There are no extra fees, you do need data roaming turned on and can leave it on with the Canada-US plan

Need Help? Let's chat.