Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,591 REPLIES 5,591

@jhhead wrote:

I feel they should open up these new plans to all users. These are now competitive again and I'd like the option to get on the $19 plan for 3GB 4G data!!!

@jhhead As I stated three times in this thread, click on the $21 plan. It doesn't say for new activations only if you do that. Screenshot the page and include to CS when you ask for that plan. I did it a few months ago when they did the same thing on a different plan.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You wrote:

QUESTION: RE: $21 90 day plan.

The 3 gb data for the 90 days and not 3gb per 30 days?

If you sign up for the 90 day plan you will be charged $57 (3 x $19) and will be given 9gb (3 x 3gb) of data to use over 90 days

NOTE:  THIS PLAN IS NOT AVAILABLE TO EXISTING PUBLIC MOBILE CUSTOMERS

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @kb_mv 

actually, the $21 (or $19) is still saying for new activations only

I checked my own My Account, I don't see that plan, too.  But $15 unlimited voice and $29 (or $25 for 90 days) is available for me

@hTideGnow As I stated before, if you click through on that plan you will not see mention of "for new activations only". If someone wants that plan grab the screenshot and make a case with PM CS. It worked for me.

Bottomshelf

Unless I read incorrectly, PM has eliminated the 250mb data for the $15 plan?

Bottomshelf

Unfortunately, none of these new plans are beneficial for the current (legacy rewards) $15 subscribers!

Bottomshelf

I'm on the $15 plan with full $7 off each month.    

Looks like those that predicted that PM/Telus was trying to get rid of the lowest $ plan is happening.  As you have stated the new $15 plan does not show the 250mb data. I wonder if PM will grandfather my plan and allow  me to keep my data plan and ALL my previous bonuses - free data and international minutes?  Except for a few international minutes all my bonuses remain intact.

My spouse is on the $25 plan with $4 in rewards.

QUESTION: RE: $21 90 day plan.

The 3 gb data for the 90 days and not 3gb per 30 days?

Thanks.

G_Pomzz

I feel they should open up these new plans to all users. These are now competitive again and I'd like the option to get on the $19 plan for 3GB 4G data!!!

You should be able to get it. I was able to get one of the new plans which appeared to be for new subscribers only. I opened a ticket and inquired about it and boom, it was done. 

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

jimbobs2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kb_mv wrote:

@jimbobs2023 wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@G_Pomzz  Every company offers win back stuff when someone leaves so I'm having a hard time understanding why this is so different and noteworthy from other companies?

Maybe because it's such a lousy offer in the current context?

@jimbobs2023 Perhaps it's a lousy attempt at winning back customers but I don't think any win back offer short of suspending the upcoming changes will satisfy some people. All the companies send out win back offers. I'm just not seeing the higher ups in Telus shaking in their boardrooms over this thread which has about 1000 unique users.

I should have added a smiley face emoji to my comment.  And, sadly, the primary metric for consumer services like this is "churn".  So loosing some customers (of low revenue plans) but gaining more higher revenue customers is a positive, in all respects, for them.  Number of complaints to CCTS, whether upheld or not, doesn't really matter as it can be easily explained away.

TheDre

I just got that email as well.

Complaint (COMP-01312224) is being moved to the next stage of our process. A Complaints Resolution Officer will be in contact with both parties to explain the next steps in our process.  

Sincerely,

CCTS Assessment Team

HI @kb_mv 

actually, the $21 (or $19) is still saying for new activations only

I checked my own My Account, I don't see that plan, too.  But $15 unlimited voice and $29 (or $25 for 90 days) is available for me

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The 90-day option for the $29 plan (60 GB upfront for $75) does indeed present good value. For those 5+ year subscribers w/o referrals or community rewards, the expiring $7 monthly legacy rewards come May ($5 loyalty, $2 AP) are offset by the $4 per month 90-day discount and $1.25 in points back (5% of $25) for a net increase in monthly cost of only $1.75 (for the next 3 months). Looking at just the loyalty reward perspective, a $12 90-day discount applied upfront out of what would have been $15 applied directly to the plan costs over the next 3 months is worth noting as well. This comparison assumes there is no $10 anniversary reward within the next 90 days. Obviously, if there is then the net increase is even less.

A small part of me thinks PM may have come to their senses somewhat. A larger part of me thinks this plan change was made necessary as a result of the backlash within this forum, other online sites, and complaints made to CCTS.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI all, 

for those who thinking to leave, these news plans are good.  

$24 - 3GB is new activation only

but check the $29 - 20 GB, they have 90 days option, it will bring down the price to $25/30 days.  So, it is s a great deal.  

@hTideGnow the $24 plan is actually $21 and $19 with a 90 day subscription. If you click through on it it no longer says for new activations only so if someone wants it I would screen grab it and ask nicely. It worked for me a few months ago.

canuckyyc

I just submitted a ticket, made the swap a few weeks ago on 1 account to see how the points would transfer. My screen cap of my previous login when it asked me to transfer to the new system stated "1 point for every month I have been with PM" OK that would be nice, Nov 2016 on some accounts. Lots of credit to use up for a few months yet.  My account made the changeover and all I see is 5 points for the welcome... So maybe 2-3 weeks now, still not there. 2 days and I port out all accounts if they cant fix this or they clawed that statement as well.

MintBerry

While I'm not impressed how PM is handling all this, I can't help but have empathy for the CS reps as they truly are being hung out to dry here by the suits in offices who probably haven't dealt with a customer in years and wouldn't last 10 mins doing that same CS job before breaking down.

Been there, done that.  Not great for your mental health to have customers telling you that you are no good and then management saying the same because you aren't retaining happy clients when you have zero control over anything.  

HI all, 

for those who thinking to leave, these news plans are good.  

$24 - 3GB is new activation only

but check the $29 - 20 GB, they have 90 days option, it will bring down the price to $25/30 days.  So, it is s a great deal.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Looks like they are re jigging their plans again. All the 3G plans seem to be gone.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.44.42 AM.png

 Edit: I see no mention of the 250MB of data that the old $15 plan had.

Edit: If you click through on the $21 plan for new activations, it doesn't say for "new activations only". I would screen grab that and plead a case if I was interested in it. This is how I was able to get a different plan a few months ago that was new activations only.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.51.37 AM.png

Bester30

I have to agree 15 points is a joke

Patrick_PM

I agree … you can do better but you need to open a ticket and negotiate. It’s possible to get more than a one-time 15 points.

Dealing with Public Mobile is starting to feel like a lot like working with Rogers where you have to negotiate for better discounts

@Patrick_PM    Not sure many would consider an one time credit of 15 points ($15) as a really serious win back offer...  At best, it's rather lame.  At worst, it's sort of insulting.

Patrick_PM

Not sure if this has been posted here but just came across this article:

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/04/19/public-mobile-lure-back-ex-customers/

At this point, I don't think Public Mobile will back off their plans to decommission the legacy rewards program.

You may however be able to negotiate temporary discount for a few months. 

HI @SeniorCitizen 

we will meet again, again in this community

when you are have enough of the bad service from that new carrier and ready to come back and have question about porting back in, remember to post your message here.  In case you have a new name, just refer back to your name @SeniorCitizen  so we know it is you. 

SeniorCitizen

@J_PM 

Hopefully this is my last post. 

Because Telus has betrayed my family and many other customers  I will phase out all 3 of my PM accounts when the amount I have to pay is more that what I can buy from the competition be it a VOIP line or a Mobile line. 

YOU have personally blocked one of my legitimate Community accounts that is linked to a PM mobile account. And when contacting a CSA I have been referred to you and the situation only goes in another PM Merry Go Around. 

I verify my account monthly, on the renewal date and am continually shorted $1 referral rewards. I bring this to the attention of your CSA's and just get a run around.  

What can I say....you haven't built up customers that trust the product. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EdN - I dunno. Just speedy for us and unlimited data at reduced speeds available on 5G.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

It seems that when I switched to the point system not all my rewards were converted. Didn’t get the $2 auto payment converted or helping others $2 — cut and pasting what they gave me —

eyes_0-1714076254774.png

HI @eyes 

you just made the migration on April 24.  The $2 Community rewards was before that, it was credited to your account as Available funds 2 weeks ago when you were still on the old rewards system

for friend referrals,  how many you expect to get ?  this is something you need to check with Public Mobile agent

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chalupa_Batman 

I haven’t lowered my plan so I have no skin in the game but my heart is with you on your complaint/challenge via the CCTS. My head, however, believes the Good Ship Integrity sailed away from Public Mobile about 7 weeks ago and so I’d be surprised if they did an about-face by reinstating your bonus data. 

MintBerry

Someone was asking for updates from those with complaints:

PM didn't respond to the rejection of the objection and I just got an email from CCTS they've decided to move my case to the next stage and a complaints resolution officer will be in touch shortly.

I don't think lack of updates is that a bunch of us are getting defeats, it's because PM is not working with CCTS and everything is being pushed to the next stage and PM is given more time to delay/not respond.  

EdN

My home cable Internet is 100 mbps and I rarely have buffering issues (iptv, computer, Wi-Fi, VoIP)

What do folks do on their phones that require 250mbps?

@G_Pomzz wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman  you definitely have a legal argument. It's all in the wording of PM's statement. When you go to court you will definitely win. PM will have to give you the 240 GB. And to anyone else who changed to a lower priced plan. And your legal fees shouldn't be more than about $5,000 🤣🤣

I think you may be confused about the process. Filing a claim with the CCTS doesn't cost anything. No lawyers or legal fees required.

G_Pomzz

@Chalupa_Batman  you definitely have a legal argument. It's all in the wording of PM's statement. When you go to court you will definitely win. PM will have to give you the 240 GB. And to anyone else who changed to a lower priced plan. And your legal fees shouldn't be more than about $5,000 🤣🤣

Need Help? Let's chat.