Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,469 REPLIES 5,469

@EdN the end result is more people will know the name Public Mobile.  They google it and find  out PM has good and cheap plans with the Public Points.  So PM will be the winner.  Sad fact but true.

No, I dont like the change.  But old fellow like me knows how business works 

@iPhone_PM_User wrote:

The previous thread when Public Mobile tried to force a plan increase in 2018 saw 1,435 replies. This one is getting close

If I may ask, how do you know this? Is there a link that shows how many claims have been made against PM for this action?

@EdN wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to submit something similar to a class action lawsuit against Public Mobile to CCTC so all of us don't have to submit individual complaints?

We have to follow the rules of the CCTS. We can not "class action" a complaint. Remember, each complaint that goes though is a $140 charge to Public Mobile to resolve. The last time, 1600 complaints went through and cost Public Mobile $240,000 in fees. 

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess most people don't even know Public Mobile exists.  What if a journalist took up the cause and wrote a headline like "Public Mobile shafting their customers, especially those that can least afford it"

iPhone_PM_User
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The previous thread when Public Mobile tried to force a plan increase in 2018 saw 1,435 replies. This one is getting close

Tx88

Better to submit an easy complaint that takes less than 10 minutes for free

Frenchonionsoup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well this is disappointing. That means I actually get less of a discount after this switch.

hi @EdN class action, you need to find a lawyer first

but carriers and businesses have all the right to change rewards system.  My Starbucks changed the rewards star and no winning class action anywhere

it is not what we like, but doesn't mean you just can change it because you don't like it

Sue-s1

I take it that the rewards we have to reduce our monthly bill now goes up...

iPhone_PM_User

This is my official complaint to Public Mobile. I oppose the forced switch to the new points program. We joined this service because the company guaranteed rewards as long as we stayed as active customers. This is now a bait and switch. 

Complaint form to CCTS that we just filled out: https://customervoice.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?lang=en-us&id=M-0t2FuABEmsWJ5uVT7p8NMdJN...

EdN

Does anyone know if there is a way to submit something similar to a class action lawsuit against Public Mobile to CCTC so all of us don't have to submit individual complaints?

iPhone_PM_User

everyone needs to file a complaint with Public Mobile here on the forums first, then complain to the CCTS!!!

https://customervoice.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?lang=en-us&id=M-0t2FuABEmsWJ5uVT7p8NMdJN...

EdN

PM should give the option of points vs data for the enforced migration.  PM charges $15 per 1gb of data as add on.  I'll take 450 points over the 30gb data offered that   I cannot use.

@Stelawrat If it was deleted that was a PM staff member as Oracles can't delete anything.  If it has been deleted or moved there is no way for you to see it even if a link was provided.  

Ok time to take a break from here for awhile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Truth be told @hTideGnow  @ShawnC13 , and others who are frustrated, I fully understand why folks are pissed off.

Name-calling is completely inappropriate - however directing ones comments at J_PM is completely appropriate   (no offense to J_PM)   so long as they re not personal.

While she may be just the "messenger", she's the ONLY employee of Public Mobile that paying customers can engage in any meaningful way on this forum - the only way to make one's comments known to the entity known as Public Mobile.   Sure, they could engage the customer support agents, but we all know that's a useless exercise with their canned responses.   Further, that's not their role and it's more account-specific rather than policy driven.

So I get the frustration and anger, but yes, name-calling and making it personal is completely and utterly inappropriate.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Y4J259 wrote:

PM need to make this right. If they're upping old rewards customers monthly fees by $7, they should offer a meaningful gift. 

My suggestion would be that those on $34 plans get $29 offers (same plan). Those on $15 plans get it for $10 etc. 

@Y4J259   Unfortunately, PM dropping the price for the $15 plan to $10 is never going to happen as they increased the price of their original $10 plan with very basic features (50 mins/in/out and 50 texts) by 30% a couple of years ago.  Actually I came to PM because of that plan (but upgraded to $15 plan shortly after).  However, I agree with your first suggestion which should still net PM a good profit.

Stelawrat

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Stelawrat wrote:

Okay... so I see that my post reviewing other carriers was deleted, or maybe it's there & I'm blind as a bat! 😧

I know that there is a way to see your own deleted posts, with the reason why, but I can't seem to find that either. I'm normally more adept than this, trust me. 😛

Would appreciate it if someone could please post that link to deleted posts. Thank you. o/

I am not sure what post you are referring to but posting/advertising other 3rd party services are not allowed.  Thati s right out of the Community guidelines

Thanks Shawn!

I thought the way I did it wasn't against tos, i.e., I didn't link any of them, didn't indicate any price points. Only gave a summary of their customer reviews, which honestly, were all pretty bad. 

The only links I included were to the BBB, reddit, that kind, which I thought would be okay. 

I know you must be fed up with this whole thing & appreciate your patience. Can you please link, or tell me how to see my deleted posts / reason why spot? I can't remember how to do that & it doesn't seem to be listed in the help topics. 

I'm going off now, so no rush! 

Well said @dabr . Honest , putting those offensive/inappropriate tags really sidetracked the whole discussion.  We are upset with the decision, but should not upset the staffs or Oracles.  Dont shoot the messengers.. LoL

@Stelawrat wrote:

Okay... so I see that my post reviewing other carriers was deleted, or maybe it's there & I'm blind as a bat! 😧

I know that there is a way to see your own deleted posts, with the reason why, but I can't seem to find that either. I'm normally more adept than this, trust me. 😛

Would appreciate it if someone could please post that link to deleted posts. Thank you. o/

I am not sure what post you are referring to but posting/advertising other 3rd party services are not allowed.  Thati s right out of the Community guidelines

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TBH, I'm surprised the tagging in J_PM's post wasn't disabled much earlier as there were quite a few inappropriate and definitely out of order comments being posted there although that doesn't mean customers shouldn't be able to post their legitimate displeasure about the new policy in a civil and respectful (mostly) manner.

However, since PM service (with limited customer support model) was supposedly all about savings vs competitors, especially for those on the two remaining lower priced plans, I really don't see a reason to stay here and will eventually (once some credits/add-ons are drawn down) moving the two main lines over to another provider since the price will be just a little bit more, but a lot a less than by staying here, once the legacy rewards are eliminated.

Stelawrat

Y4J259

PM need to make this right. If they're upping old rewards customers monthly fees by $7, they should offer a meaningful gift. 

My suggestion would be that those on $34 plans get $29 offers (same plan). Those on $15 plans get it for $10 etc. 

Jeff-Broughton

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years now, and have recommend public mobile to many people.   Now that I am losing my rewards, there is no reason for me to stay.   I can switch to fido and get the same plan.   Why stay....

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, they have pushed this customer away. I have been with PM for years earning the old rewards and that is actually what was keeping me here. My 'device' is whitelisted and no longer works fully on PM and I need to buy an upgraded version to stay here. I was actually considering buying a new phone and staying here because my reward points was making my plan cheaper than they other provider I was looking at. Changed my mind now and will be leaving PM for the other provider because their plan will now be the same price as mine here but also I don't have to buy a new phone with them, my phone is not whitelisted on their system.

mikasik2

Where's my 240GB?  I need it for the Pokemon Go event tomorrow

@Zahir_h wrote:

I do appreciate the support you all have given in their community, and the fact you are raising concerns on your own area.  There is no question about that.  

I am displeased about the censorship whish is happening where we should be allowed to post the email / name of individuals at PM who we can further raise concerns to.

I also appreciate that you are honest that it's impacting your family as well.  

I do hope they actually listen to the concerns all of you are sharing

@Zahir_h again if the same message hadn't been spammed so many times I wouldn't have done it.  Unfortunately, some would do the same if I were to unlock it.

I do as well, but from past experience and feedback we have provided on so many things it isn't promising.

ibrahim_0109

Unbelievable. This'll mean about a $5/month increase on 3 lines I have, and the only reason why I haven't yet left Public Mobile. I hope that PM will reconsider because this is not a good way to compensate people on the old rewards by providing them with practically useless data that expires.

Zahir_h
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do appreciate the support you all have given in the community, and the fact you are raising concerns on your own area.  There is no question about that.  

I am displeased about the censorship whish is happening where we should be allowed to post the email / name of individuals at PM who we can further raise concerns to.

I also appreciate that you are honest that it's impacting your family as well.  

I do hope they actually listen to the concerns all of you are sharing

@Zahir_h like I said I only locked it once there was repetitive tags.  I am also out here saying I did it.  I don't know who actioned any previous tags in there.

yes @Zahir_h They removed t because those are wrong and you crossed the line.  As a responsible internet user, you can post the proper Telus  complain email and. not the CEO email. You might be able to post it on another forum (still arguable ).  No forum of any provider or company will allow you to do this on their own site.  

Discuss with reason and follow the rule 

Need Help? Let's chat.