cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal whacky over past couple of days-eclipse effect?

Keenie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I upgraded from 3G to 5G a few months ago and have been happy even though it usually shows LTE. Last couple of nights the signal went to one bar 3G then no signal, off and on, then today it has alternated between no signal, "SOS only", and a surprise - "TELUS"! I have reset my network and have one bar, no calls stay intact. Ideas?? iphone8+ and I'm in Vancouver out near UBC.

3 REPLIES 3

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Keenie1  lol eclipse effect or tier 3 bottom of the barrel provider . You get what you pay for . Maybe ask support to refresh your account and hope and pray it works 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

If that doesn’t work you can always send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Keenie1 - For the phone displaying TELUS - your phone may (But rarely) show TELUS as the provider name instead of Public Mobile.

PM, TELUS, and Koodo all share the same PLMN (Tower owner number network) so it probably is a 1/1,000 chance of seeing TELUS instead of Public Mobile and a 1/10,000 of seeing Koodo instead of Public Mobile.

But with bad service - please contact CS_Agent for help:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Curiously, @Keenie1 , folks I know had the same experience between the hours of noon, and now.

I expect it was a short term blip, which may not recur.

Still, you can ask the customer support agents to reprovision your account/SIM and sometimes that does help with network issues.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.