cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice calls not working when roaming in Sedona

colleenvh2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A couple of days ago I was in Phoenix, and both voice and data were working just fine, including texts. Now in Sedona, and data & texts are still fine, but I cannot make a voice call. Every time I try the call starts then immediately hangs up.

I've tried rebooting my phone (Samsung S10). I've tried going into Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators and trying different ones. AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile appear in the list, but when I try selecting them, only AT&T is actually selectable. Verizon and T-Mobile won't connect. No joy with the calls..

How do I make voice calls?

3 REPLIES 3

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@colleenvh2 

As mentioned, without a VoLTE compatible phone, your roaming experience in the USA will be unpredictable. 3G network has been decommissioned in the USA.  T mobile does offer the 2G network for talk, but the coverage is sporadic.  

Here is some more additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @colleenvh2 

S10 does not support VoLTE and that would be the reason for AT&T

Best for voice call in your case would be T-Mobile and use the 2G network (either let the phone chooses the network, or manually select 2G)

if that does not work, you will have to use VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @colleenvh2 

As dumb as this may sound, have you tried rebooting?

You may wish to try to do a network reset by resetting your phones networks then rebooting.  Then once rebooted, go back into networks and see if T-Mobile is available. 

Need Help? Let's chat.