cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to 90 day subscription on grandfathered plan

Richieroo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for a promo plan that is no longer available, on a 30 day subscription option.

I dont see a way to switch to the 90 day sub other than maybe "unsubscribing" from my existing subscription renewal.   My assumption is after I do that I will then have the option to re-subscribe using the 90 day option.     The thing is, the plan I'm on is no longer available so I want to make sure I will actually have the option to re-subscribe to the same plan after I unsubscribe.

The only other option is to "change subscription" - here i dont even see the plan i have listed anymore.

TIA

4 REPLIES 4

@Richieroo The $40/75GB Canada/US plan isn't available at all anymore. And it never technically had a 90 day option anyway. There was a glitch whereby when you went to subscribe it presented a 90 day option, but it was never marketed as a 90 day plan. And there are multiple reports of users on here who clicked the 90 day option and didn't get US data. Also there was no savings for taking the 90 day option (it was $120 for 90 days), so the only benefit would have been that you effectively got rollover data for 90 days.

Long story short it was never an official offer, and if you got it you'd be missing US coverage.

Richieroo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It did have a 90 day option at the time of signup, but at that time I was just setting up PM for the first time and wanted to test it out for a few weeks to make sure it worked.   This is the recent $40 75Gb us-can plan FYI.      Seems like i just need to stay on the current 30 day option.   Thanks

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Won't work if the plan is no longer offered. The only way to accomplish this is to change plans to the 90 day version, but you're saying this plan is not available today, so it won't work.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Richieroo   I don't think you would be able to do that, you would have to change to a currently available subscription and the only 90 day one is a Canada-US plan.  Did your 30 day plan also have a 90 day version at the time?  Only certain plans get that option.

Need Help? Let's chat.