cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend subscription

Charky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, we are gone for a month and wondering if there is any way to pause your monthly subscription while away?

10 REPLIES 10

Charky

Thanks 

@Charky 

if you are a POINTS recipient, my suggestion is of no value to you. My suggestion would only benefit you if you are a REWARDS recipient. During your regular plan renewal, Rewards are converted to $$ and will be used to fund your regular renewal automatically...if you don't have enough REWARDS at renewal...then your credit card gets touched for the remainder. Lost / Stolen turns off your account right away until you either Reactivate it or it will automatically deactivate after 90 days. You'd need a new sim to start a new account.

If you're a POINTS recipient, just disable Subscribed to halt the autopay process...but be sure to make payment before 90 days has elapsed otherwise the account is deactivated.

Charky

Ok I get it 

I can report my phone list or stolen day I’m leaving on vacation so I have service until that date then when i get back it gives me option to reactivate my phone from same location I assume. 
have you tried this out 

so you know how log they give you - hoping it’s more than 30 days 

thanks 

Charky

Hi, I do have that stolen or lost option however, not sure how that would help me in my situation. Would that mean that my phone would immediately stop working and I wouldn’t have to Wait for my building.? For example, if my billing date is on the 23rd of the month and I am leaving on holiday on the first of the month with the auto renew being toggled off I would still be charged from the first to the 23rd of the month opposed to if I report it stolen or lost it immediately shuts off and I’m not charged.  I have points but not sure it will cover my Monthly plan. If I report list stolen though won’t be able to use points towards plan as service will be paused during the time. Sorry I’m not following- just want to clarify that’s all 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s not in real time. For example, I don’t know when your renewal date is but let’s say it’s April 15. If you were leaving tomorrow, and you turned off auto-renew tomorrow, your plan will still be active until mid-April when the next automatic renewal doesn’t occur. When you return at the end of April, you will have to make a manual payment on your account to restart your plan. So, using those dates, you would only be postponing your plan by 2 weeks (or 1/2 of your plan price). Of course, it all depends on when your next renewal is to calculate how much you would be saving.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Charky 

BUT...if you are a legacy Rewards customer, you might have enough Rewards in your account to cover the regular plan renewal. In that case, you'll have to log in to your account to find the Lost / Stolen button and disable your account so plan renewal will not occur. You won't have any PM service from that moment on until you return and then go back in to your account to Reactivate it.

lost.png

@Charky  if you toggle it off . It just won’t renew on your upcoming renewal day . Keep track of that date . You account can stay suspended no more then 90 days from that date . So you will need to make manual payment before 90 days is up . So long as you do then yes you will keep your number and plan no worries 

Charky

Thank you. So when I toggle auto pay back on my plan will remain the same correct also, is it in real time in that if I’m toggling off the day I leave I won’t get charged extra? Also. when I toggle back on the day I get back will it be immediate access to my phone? Thanks again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Charky a month is easy.  Just disable Autopay. Just  disable "Subscribed" from Payment page (Payment page, Managed Subscription, toggle off the "Subscribed" there

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscriptionhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Charky  Yes you can turn off auto subscribe . And you plan won’t renew on your renewal date . You willl have 90 days after that date to make payment and resume service or the account will be closed 

Turn auto subscribe off/on

Handy1_0-1711720745502.png

Need Help? Let's chat.