cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somehow I was signed up for "points" when I didn't want to be.

archibald88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received an SMS from public mobile today thanking me for signing up for "public points".  Upon further investigation this apparently cancels my subscription rewards, making my bill more expensive.  How do I reverse this?  I'm not interested in "public points".   Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

JGOne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried filing a complaint with CCTS yet ?
Seems like they may not accept the complaint because the actual price of the PM plans has not changed, but the rewards program for the plans.

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, then unfortunately you only get 10 points once a year. and 5% back in points moving forward. 

Some people already have quite a few referrals, so I might be in their interest to stay for now.

archibald88

I didn't have any referrals.  I had loyalty rewards, and automated payment rewards.  This is incredibly disappointing, and I won't be recommending Public Mobile to anyone anymore.

Jess31

You should still be getting any referrals if you had any. 1 point each month for each referral. 10 points once a year. and 5% back in points.

So no you will likely not save the same (unless you had a ton of referrals) but you still get some savings.

For me with my referral bonus PM is still the best price for the plan I have. 

archibald88

So all of my rewards are gone, and I can't stay with the same pricing I had for years?  Ridiculous.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@archibald88 

It is mandatory now for all members to switch to the Points Rewards as of May/24.

The Legacy Rewards is gone!😭

Jess31

Everyone is being moved to points. You can still save some money on your bill, but will have to manually cash in for $15 off you next bill when you get 15 points.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Sadly @archibald88 there is no choice in this matter. Unless you've been living under a rock, Legacy Rewards is dead. EVERYONE is now forced to go to Public Points.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

To a lot of us loyalty members, we're not upset we're losing the legacy rewards program, we're up set about the fact it's not equal credits. We EARNED those credits and now we're losing them. For that reason over 1000 legacy members have filed complaints with the CCTS. Please do so to try to get your credits back.

Need Help? Let's chat.